I want to make my own weapon sprites.

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

yellowmadman

I want to make my own weapon sprites.

Post by yellowmadman »

Just sprites, what other people do with them, I really don't care, their limit is just their imagination.

However, I have no idea how to create sprites. I can draw good on paper (but not according to people on doomworld forums, but what ever) but not when it comes to sprites.

I can draw something on MSpaint, but it looks.......bad, wolfenstein quality at best.

is their a good sprite program or something.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: I want to make my own weapon sprites.

Post by Gez »

You can use more powerful image editing software (the Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Paint.NET, and so on to cite just a few).

Will it magically help you make better sprites, though? That depends a lot of how you work.
yellowmadman

Post by yellowmadman »

Gez wrote:You can use more powerful image editing software (the Gimp, Paint Shop Pro, Photoshop, Paint.NET, and so on to cite just a few).

Will it magically help you make better sprites, though? That depends a lot of how you work.
Well Gez, you helped me again.

I have a fair share of drawing weaponry on the computer my self.

But, I absolutely suck at drawing things in First person view.

But doom and such has always been a bit easier due to the down the site view. I'll try these programs, hopefully they are free.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

It sounds to me like you need to learn some new drawing techniques, like vanishing-point perspective. It might be a touch on the old side, but Scuba Steve's tutorial might help a lot.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”