OFFICIAL RESOURCE REQUEST THREAD

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Can someone please remove the gauntlent from the Hexen Fighter. So it looks like he's not wearing anything on his arms

You'd only need to do the fully extended version, i know this would be a really hard thing to do, but i think it would come in handy for close combat mods.

I won't be suprised if no one can do it, i can't even imagine what it would look like
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Does anyone have the Strife hands converted over to the Doom pallete? Also, I'd like just the hands and not the weapons. Thanks in advance.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

There really aren't that many Strife hands. About the only ones you'll get are the ones from the punch-dagger, the "vertical" hand that's holding the little lever on top of the Mauler, and the "horizontal" one that holds the Sigil and Flamethrower. There are also the burning-death hands, but those have fire all over them and are practically unusable. If you needed more than those, then you're going to have to edit them.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Really? Damn. Well, I don't really need a whole bunch. Just the ones you mentioned. I could probably try editing the Doom guy hands to look close to the Strife hands.

I can't seem to find the sprites for that kicking animation that look close to Doom guy's legs. Does anyone know which weapon mod uses that?
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

Kicking animation? Sounds like HacX... Maybe try checking that out?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I think this one might be it?
JacKThERiPPeR

Post by JacKThERiPPeR »

I would like someone that could make at least one of these weapons or even find them:

Atari Joystick: It's shaken whenever the player moves (or something) and when it fires, the player presses the button over the stick.
NES PowerGlove: Maybe based on some Mage or Cleric weapon from Hexen. It fires thunders and bolts to the enemy.
NES Gamepad: It fires like a chaingun.
Nintendo DS Handheld: Launches DS cartridges like a rocket launcher.

Every weapon... I think they should have normal hands, without gloves. If you can find these weapons, or even make them, I would be very thankful.
Kate

Post by Kate »

I have a few requests for some weapons that I have been trying to find with no luck. The resources I need in question:

A giant, entirely wooden, hammer.
The hammer head would be, using Doom units for comparison, around 48 units in length and 32 in diameter, with the handle 48 units in length.

A flail or morning star, long and right-handed.

If anyone thinks they can help by make/find such things for me, contact me in whatever way you see fit. I will be sure to give proper credit for doing so.

Thank you.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Theres a mace in Witchaven i suppose you could photoshop the axe handle onto the mace head, which would make it two handed also, don't know about the wooden hammer though.

Welcome to the forums, (haven't seen you here before)
Kate

Post by Kate »

hitmanx wrote:Welcome to the forums, (haven't seen you here before)
I'm sure as hell not new, hell I've been around since before these forums even existed. XD

Xaser helped me find the graphics for the Morning Star, so the latter can be scratched off that list.

I'm still in need of a giant hammer though =/ I'm guessing the only choice would be to have it drawn out by hand which will prove an utter pain.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

oh sorry :oops:

Hmm, you could get a bad wooden hammer from

http://www.fpsbanana.com in the css knives section, although then you'd need to get source sdk assuming you have steam, yada yada yada.

And it would probally turn out pretty bad anyway, model rips usually do, unless done really well.

well good luck! :D

http://www.fpsbanana.com/skins/15608

Thats the hammer, not actually all wooden but mabye a good base?

This sounds like a cool mod, close combat style..
Kate

Post by Kate »

Erm I should've been more specific with the request... I'll pull something off Google for reference...

I didn't mean something like that. I meant something more around this, but with a thicker handle:
Spoiler: Giant Wooden Hammer
If you've ever seen the cartoons where someone randomly pulls a gigantic mallet from behind their back, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

This is for a partial conversion I'm working on, based on an story that built itself up years ago, heh. It features new weapons, levels and music, multiple characters, a pet system (Some characters can summon and control magic familiars to protect them), a team system (you can team up with other characters in-game and tell them what to do), a Magic system and the ability to cast spells, and a SNES-type RPG dialog system, scripted.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Can someone sticky the hands resource? I imagine I have it lying around somewhere but it would help if it was on the front page so I can double check it from time to time, as occasionally we get a new hand position to use.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Does anyone still have these shotguns? I'm going to PM Paul just in case, but I thought I would ask here first. :)

Edit:
Nevermind, I found them!
Bouncy
Location: Somewhere in an arctic region. wait. no. just Michigan.

Post by Bouncy »

Can somebody please point me to something that'll look like a powerful semi-automatic rifle?

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”