OFFICIAL RESOURCE REQUEST THREAD

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I need appropriate medieval sounds for my mod. If you happen to have sounds for a blade being unsheathed, stabbing, slashing, swung through the air, hitting a wall, twirling and so on, please donate! :)
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I'm looking for new Jackhammer graphics. If anybody could get me some good Jackhammer sprites to use for ww-ultimate, please help me out. (I'm not going to use the ww-xm ones.)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

From farcry. Only one frame I could get because of the hud blocking the rest of gun. You may need to do some editing here and there and it needs resizing, but it's better than nothing. I did some edits around the gun to remove the light blue. The pick up you had in WW-XM fits well enough. Hope it's ok. :/

Now I have a request: can anyone rip all the gun sounds from the original red faction please? I only have the second one, and it would help me out dearly.

(P.S I left the hand in for easy hand placement if you choose to use it.)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

This'll do the trick! Thank you!
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

I'm looking for a big, chunky shotgun. The twist? I want it to be centered rather than on the left or right, and preferably without hands (i plan on editing in the Jaguar Wolf3d hands).

Any ideas or suggestions?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Does it have to be a realistic shotgun? In that case, look at the SPAS12 in ww-stranger (edited from the Jaguar Aliens VS Predator game). If you want an alternate color scheme, check out fury_x (I think...) for the original colors, or modrwb for a darker scheme. Not sure how you'd be able to stick Jag Wolf hands on those, but it's worth a try, I say.
The Kins

Post by The Kins »

wildweasel wrote:Does it have to be a realistic shotgun? In that case, look at the SPAS12 in ww-stranger (edited from the Jaguar Aliens VS Predator game). If you want an alternate color scheme, check out fury_x (I think...) for the original colors, or modrwb for a darker scheme. Not sure how you'd be able to stick Jag Wolf hands on those, but it's worth a try, I say.
There's no centered weapons in Stranger, though?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Er, not ww-stranger - I meant ww-xm!
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Gun sprites of a gun that could look like it could shoot darts and dart projectiles please? ^_^
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

can someone rip this weapon for me please? i need this shotgun so bad.

InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Working on it. I just need to do some minor edits to make it work with the doom pallette (I also have a High color one if needed)

EDIT: http://basementnet.dyndns.org/ryan/pics/ashotgun.png

Looks good to me, but the hand still could use some work.

Note: As you can most likely see, I am not perfect at doing this, but I tried.
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

okay. but what about the pumping frames? oh. and the shotgun is too small.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

Is that a Duke Nukem 3d mod? If so, is there a link to it?
DuduKrazy

Post by DuduKrazy »

that's a duke3d mod called Imagination World. It's an older version named v1.2. unfortunately, i can't find a way to download it.
Da Snoop

need for weapon concept art

Post by Da Snoop »

I would like to start making weapon mods, but it seems I'm dumb or something, because I lack of imagination. I can't think out any new weapon, I mean how it should look like, it's functions etc.

I know that I may start with the photos of real weapons, but I've already tried it, and found it most boring. I don't know why, maybe because they already exist and there is nothing extraordinary about them. They just suck.

So, I am asking you, people, to help me. If it would happen you draw something in your favorite paint software (or on paper and then scan it), send it to my mailbox, please. The drawings viewed from side will do better than the ones viewed from perspective (like in game), because they will train my dimensional imagination (or how should I put it?) and I will enjoy making weapons much more this way.

P.S. To make things clear, I'm NOT offering my services to anyone, YET. I just need to find my technique of making weapons and if I will succeed on that, I will be open for requests since then.

Thank you.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”