Paranoid: Status Report

Forum for Projects by The Persecution Complex

Moderators: Rex Claussen, Persecution Complex Team - Paranoid

Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Paranoid: Status Report

Post by Rex Claussen »

Hello friends. For those of you that may be interested in knowing where things stand with the project, here's a summary:
  • 1. All mapping has been completed.
    2. All gameplay elements have been incorporated.
    3. All special effects have been added.
    4. All voice acting has been done.
    5. Some minor coding tweaks are being performed.
    6. The game package is practically ready for play-testing, and could be done by today.
    7. I have started work on an 8th map, which will be a stand-alone map outside the 7-map hub. I will be working on it while the rest of the game is being play-tested, and if it gets done in time for the game release, it will be included in the game.
Pictures and more information may be found at Doom Nexus.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: Paranoid: Status Report

Post by Rex Claussen »

The game is in the hands of the Team, and they have begun play-testing it and reporting in issues and ideas. You know it's only going to get better as a result.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

As a result of the first round of play-testing there were many suggestions, all of which have been implemented. The game is in the hands of the play-testers for round two.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

And.... here we go again. During round two of testing several gameplay enhancements were suggested, and many other minor points were raised. This resulted in a lot of additional resources and code being added, some logic re-work, etc. Because of the extent of changes, we are now into our third (and, hopefully, final) beta. I am not at liberty to make an annnouncement on the release date yet, but suffice it to say that it will be soon.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Friends, I have terrible news to report. Paranoid has been cancelled, and The Persecution Complex has been disbanded. In fact, there's a rumor that one of the key team members may have been disbarred from the Scottish Court System. And, in an apparently cleverly orchestrated move, all the team members have been banned from all major DooM forums. As a result, we are unable to make any further progress on the game.

However, rather than abandoning the project in its entirety, we have decided to make available all our work compeleted thus far. Visit this site for a link to all the files.

Signed,

Rex Claussen
April 1, 2010
1730 hrs

Return to “Persecution Complex”