Zero Tolerance

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Zero Prophet

Zero Tolerance

Post by Zero Prophet »

Concept Art for "Zero Tolerance"

None of you know me, although some may know something about me. But no matter who's the identity behind the mask, it doesn't really matter whenever the mask has something to say.

Although I started development in secret, I have decided to come out of nowhere and present the public with... well, nothing yet really, as the mod is not finished. But I do have a few screenshots I would like to show off first.

Dual "Prophet" Pistols

"Susan" Mark-II Photon Gun

Susan Reloading

So, what is Zero Tolerance? It's a weapons mod. So there.

To be more 'pacific' (in case somehow you hate pronouncing the letter s), ZT is centered around fast-paced gameplay. It shall feature a full arsenal of crazy-ass weapons, complete with smooth animations and reloading. It will utilize the ZDoom engine's DECORATE scripting language, and will (hopefully) be compatible with just about any user-made level created, for your maximum playing experience.

Of course, this is not all finished yet. What to do now? Well, I've only got three weapons done (Pistol, Dual Pistol, Photon Gun), although I have a few plans for others that take advantage of NMN's latest additions to the community.

I do admit that I am recieving a bit of 'outside' help with things, but it's not like it will make any noticeable difference. Let's just say that DECORATE is pain to learn by yourself... ;)

After a long period of voidspace, I have finally decided to upload what I have of the mod so far as a "gamma release" of sorts. Some weapons aren't working quite as I like them and co-op support is shot, but it's otherwise playable. Have fun and be sure to take a peek at the included backstory text (zp-zeros.txt) for kicks and giggles.
Download ZEROT Gamma

EDIT)- I have relocated this list to the top post for both clarity and confusion. Think about that one for a while.

*1: Flare Gun
*1: Chain Saw (Jason ain't got nothin' on this)
*2: "Prophet" pistols (dual wielding for the win!)
*3: "Susan" Mark-II Photon Pistol (Random Spreading Alert!)
*4: "Raiden" Assault Rifle (Arsenal Generica)
*5: "Atlas" Flak Cannon (NMN's slag pistol... why hasn't it been used yet?)
*6: "Xanadu" Pulse Rifle (Flubber Alert)
*7: "Bouncer" Heavy Machinegun (sound familiar, NMN?)
*8: "Prometheus" Fusion Gun (Ion Thunder, damnit!)
*9: "Genova" Explosive Shell Cannon (Cluster Bomb fetish)
*0: "Zero" & "Infinity" (a dual energy weapon of mass destruction... of some sort)

A star thingy that I can never remember how to spell (*) denotes a completed weapon.
An atsign (2+shift) is a weapon I'm currently working on.
An ampersand (&&&==shifted jackpot) is not used at all in the list, so if you see one, please contact your local authorities.
Last edited by Zero Prophet on Sat Apr 07, 2007 19:31, edited 4 times in total.
Jehar

Post by Jehar »

This looks really sexy...

I'm not usually a big user of weapons mods, but ww-stranger actually *adds* to the game, so I enjoy it greatly. This looks like it will be more high-quality work. I'll keep an eye on this.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Looking awesome :thumb:

Photon pistol you say? Nice idea :)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Sounds nice, but if it's not too much to ask, could ya attach the images insted of host them on imageshack? I can't view imageshack. :(
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Looks nice so far! BTW, on the Prophet pistols, it looks like you just reversed one. While that's ok, the laser sight was flipped also. Just givin' you a heads up.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

If you want to look at it that way, so is the casing ejecting slot, so I guess I'll just blame it on them being specialized right- or left-handed pistols. ;)

Anyway, I've done a bit more planning for this mod, and I've formed sort of a basic outline of the weapon list, which I shall post here because of this thread's nature.

EDIT)- Actually, no. I've relocated the list to the top for both clarity and confusion. Think about that one for a while.

So far, I have only one weapon per slot (excluding slots 1 and 2), although two slots are completely empty (or at least, they were the last time I checked). I might throw in a few bonus weapons as well, but I'd rather not have too many more so I won't bog down the list. Zdoom's system of weapon switching annoys me a bit (it doesn't remember which one was selected last in a given slot, like EDGE does), and I don't feel like overloading the mod too much... it's already over 2 megs, and only two-or-three (depending on whether the dual pistols are counted seperately from the single pistol) weapons are completed yet!

So... feedback? Comments? Complains about the lack of screenshots? ;)
Last edited by Zero Prophet on Tue May 30, 2006 8:59, edited 1 time in total.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Ahh, many weapons of mine are used :) I find this quite motivating. Can't wait to see some screenshots. This is one really promising mod.
Xaser
Developer
Developer

Post by Xaser »

Well, hell on a stick! I never quite saw this one coming... :P

This is a pretty great looking mod so far! You've certainly got quite a few good ideas so far (and the Susan firing looks pretty sweet in that shot). Just don't lose your sanity before it's finished. :P
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

X...x...x...Xaser!?!?!?!! It can't be!!!! :P
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

After an excessive period of absence (absence of mind no doubt), I shall now post a much-needed update to my pet project.

A tad more planning has been accomplished, and I've updated the previous list of weaponry (as well as relocated said object). As of the current moment, I have a few bits of 'eye-candy' or some such. They're not much due to the lack of animation, but hopefully they shall send the message across the battlefield.

("Susan" Photon Pistol---Visually enhanced in GZdoom)

ImageImage
(Flare Gun---Weak, but upgradable)

ImageImage
("Atlas" Flak Cannon---Unstoppable force but erratic movement)

ImageImage
("Xanadu" Pulse Rifle---Liquid Energy Capsules are bouncy as all hell)

ImageImage
("Bouncer" HMG---A Slight chance of plowing straight through enemies)

Questions? Comments? Irrational Statements?

And as per the initial weapon list, my 'Raiden' Assault Rifle is currently invisible due to lack of graphics... and invisible weapons are not exactly a well sought-after resource. I am hereby asking anyone available if they happen to posess the knowledge of the location of some decent assault rifle graphics... they can be ripped but at least ripped well. Can anyone help me rise over this small obstacle?

As of this moment of writing, I do not have anything more to add, so I bid thee farewell, fellow travelers.

Now cue the lockifying as a consequence of bumping such an old thread...
Paul

Post by Paul »

Very cool, undoubtly :)

btw, concerning the name, are you aware of that old Genesis/Mega drive game "Zero Tolerance"? Any other familiar things aside from the name?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Wasn't that zero population count? Wait no, thinking of something else. :P

Lookin good!
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

Date of Up:

History often repeats itself. Once again, I have been slacking off as per the norm. But just as last time, I have returned with a large update. The Raiden has gained shape and form, and two new monstrosities have joined its ranks: Prometheus and Genova.

ImageImage
("Raiden" Assault Rifle -- Every mod requires a generic automatic.)

ImageImage
ImageImage
("Prometheus" Fusion Cannon -- You can't Run, You can't Hide.)

ImageImage
("Genova" CEG launcher -- That's "Cluster Ejecting Grenade", homies!)

According to this latest progress sketch, I only have two weapons left in my latest world domination attempt. Despite this, there are still many things that must be done prior to release. As it stands, the mod is most likely ready for an alpha release. If any brave souls are willing to partake in this extraordinary adventure, please say so and I shall include you in my travels. However, if you can't decipher my overly-figurative speaking style, you're probably better left alone.
Thanks in advance if you feel like volunteering to such a dangerous task.

Final Note: Regarding the name, "Zero Tolerance" (as well as any phrase with "Zero" in it) has been overdone to the extreme. Even though it is rather over-used... history often repeats itself.
Paul

Post by Paul »

This mod wins. Period. :D
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Pick me, pick me.

Return to “Development Journals”