Lizardcommando's mods journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

lizardcommando wrote:Anyone play it yet? :?
Yup, I have. As ever, it's good fun. I think my favourite enemy is the Lizard in the mech suit.

One relatively minor thing I noticed: when you startup, a bunch of messages fly past at the console warning you that some Doom items and some new items share the same doomednum. If you use the "replaces" word in decorate, you do not need to specify a doomednum because Zdoom will replace all instances of the original actor with the new one.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Oh. I never knew how to fix that. Thanks. I just went back and changed all that stuff around and those errors are gone now.

Now to fix that ammo bug...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Never mind the ammo bugs. It was a ZDoom problem, not my mod.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Ugh, I can't even bother working on my mod anymore. I can't even get myself to finish that Vanguarder robot I mentioned in some of my posts. Goddamn this sucks. Too much shit going on in life. School stuff and personal stuff. I gotta buckle down and get some shit sorted out. At least try to anyways. I doubt I'll ever get around to finish this thing...

Consider this mod on temporary hiatus.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Yeah, I know I've done jack shit with this mod for a long time. But here's what I've been doing in the mean time:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHVfDrzb9sY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIXpXz_q0q8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DLBJPxxyM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SPM-2ZfwrY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CEpZ9Atacw

It's a mod that I've been working on for a while for the Rockman 7 Famicom remake. It's called Maverick Hunter EVA. There's a dumb story behind it. Basically, Volgin is trying to take over the world and Naked Snake is nowhere to be found, so it's EVA's turn to take action. She Mega-Merges/R.O.C.K.s On/changes/transforms into her Maverick Hunter form (which is really supposed to be a standard Ride-Chaser pilot, but who cares about those details for now) and goes out to stop Volgin from taking over the world.

I've changed all of the player sprites and I've changed three of the bosses. Once I get the bosses finished, I'll release a patch. That might not happen for a while though.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I need help implementing a custom statusbar into my mod. I've been trying to do it on my own for quite some time, but it keeps screwing up on me. The following link has my concept art for the HUD. If that's not clear, I think I put some additional concept art for the HUD on this site as well.

http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f= ... 93#p331172

Can someone help me make one that is as close to it as possible? I've got some of the resources made. I'll PM the link to anyone that is willing to implement it for me. Your help is greatly appreciated.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, I have Zhs2 working on the Statusbar for me. He did pretty much all the coding for it. It looks great so far. I just have to create some new fullscreen HUD fonts and icons though since the current one is too big. Unfortunately for me, school shit has been piling up for me so progress on this mod is going to be really slow. Once I get the HUD fixed, I'll release a new demo and possibly a new video.
lizardcommando

Re: Lizardcommando's mods journal

Post by lizardcommando »

Here's the last beta (for now) for my mod. I haven't worked on this thing for a while and I've kind of lost interest in the mod, but I'll probably pick it up again some day. I've had this mod sitting in my hard drive for some time, so I figured that I'd release this thing before I completely forget about it. :wink:

Anyways, the biggest update to the mod is the custom HUD. Big thanks to Zhs2 for implementing it! :) I don't really remember what other changes I made to it. Probably some tiny bug fixes. I'm not sure. Anyways, click the link below to check it out.

http://www.zshare.net/download/589070885b70401a/
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, I'm going to start working on this mod again. I know I still need to remake the Mafia Lizard sprites and add in the Vangaurder Robot (which replaces the Baron of Hell), but I still need some input from everyone. There's a few things that am a bit unsure on doing:

• Should I try to place back the Molotov Cocktail?
    Should I decrease some of the enemy hp?
    Should I have it so that the LV. Armor shoot projectiles like they do in Metal Slug 3 instead of "bullets"/hitscan attack?
    Should I change the current behavior of the Charge Cannon?
    Should I get rid of the Berserksphere?

Personally, I like the animations for the Molotov Cocktails and I don't want it to go to waste. The problem is duplicating the same behavior of the Molotov Cocktails from ICD-Lizard, namely the spawning of the fire after it explodes.

The enemies are a bit tougher than the original Doom monsters and sometimes playing larger maps can be a huge pain. Even with the weapons in this mod, some of the enemies can be a huge pain to deal with, namely the SWAT Lizard with the Assault Shotgun and the Medic Lizard. Should I lower their health to compensate for their attacks and abilities or is it fine as it is now?

It's kind of the same issue as above, but with the LV. Armor (which replace the Mancubus), their attacks are a tad bit overpowered and they've got alot of health. Plus, the Mancubus are usually placed in large packs. Should I change their attack style? Should I have it so that the LV Armor shoot projectiles a la Metal Slug instead of having a hitscan attack?

Let's face it, even I think the Charge Cannon is a bit boring at its current state. I was thinking of having it so that when the full charge shot explodes, it shoots out smaller plasma fragments or something. I don't know. Something like that, I guess. Someone want to give me a suggestion as to how I can make the full charge shot more interesting and more useful?

I am not really liking the Berserksphere. I can't have it behave like it did in ICD-Lizard so I am thinking of scrapping it. I'm thinking of having some kind of item powerup that's just like that one beacon item in Strife where when you use it, friendly soldiers get teleported to help you.

That's all I have to announce, really...
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, I'm slowly getting things fixed. I've replaced almost all of the sprites for the Mafia Lizard. I'm almost done fixing the Molotov Cocktails thanks to InsanityBringer and X-CrAzyKooL-X. I've still got some more stuff to do before I release another beta.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I finished making the new sprite for the Mafia Lizard and I even finished making a completely new enemy. All I need to do is fix the Molotov Cocktails and then I'll release a new demo and possibly a new video if I can record some decent footage without the shitty lag.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

I just spent half the day working on this trailer. I kinda wish I recorded in-game sound with it. Oh well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqR9npykm9E
Somagu

Post by Somagu »

My personal opinion is that you should leave the monster HP as it is, I have great fun playing this WAD because of the increased difficulty it brings, but that might just be me.
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Here's the last beta (for now) for my mod. Besides the custom HUDs (Big thanks to Zhs2 for implementing it!), I added in a new enemy, the Security Drone (AKA Probey) which replaces the Lost Soul. I also remade sprites for two of the enemies, the Barney Calhoun Lizard and Mafia Lizard. I also changed some of the enemy attacks like the Level Armor. It actually shoots projectiles now instead of having a hitscan attack. I also remade the graphics for the Silenced Machine Pistol and placed the Molotov Cocktails back in the mod, although that weapon is still a bit buggy. There's also a new inventory item, the Support Beacon, which lets you summon a fellow Exterminator (although, they're a bit on the stupid side...). There's probably some other stuff I did with it, but I kinda forgot what it was I did... Anyways, click the link below.

extermbeta12.zip - 2.32MB

So here's a quick rundown on what's new with this version:

*There's a brand new Fullscreen and Statusbar HUD! Big thanks to Zhs2 for implementing it!
*Remade the sprites for the Barney Calhoun Lizard and Mafia Lizard.
*Added in a new enemy, the Security Drone (replaces the Lost Soul)
*Added in a new inventory item, the Support Beacon (replaces the outdated Berserk Sphere)
*Changed the long range attack for the LV Armor.
*Some minor tweaks here and there. I don't really remember what they were though...

The mod's still a little buggy, but it's fully playable. I was going to release this when I put my Vanguarder Robot into this mod, but I don't think I'll have alot of time to work on this mod for some time...

Oh yeah, here's a video of my mod with most of the new stuff that was listed here.

Exterminator Trailer 3
lizardcommando

Post by lizardcommando »

Well, my Exterminator mod is on hiatus. Now I am reworking my Maverick Hunter mod from the ground up. It's going to be a class based mod based on the Mega Man X series. I only have two classes planned at the moment, but I'll probably add some more classes later on. Those classes would most likely mimic Models H, F, P and L from the Mega Man ZX series. Of course, before I do that, I still have to make the custom HUD and remake the old female Maverick Hunter/Ride Chaser Pilot's weapon sprites.

There's so much stuff I have to do before I release a demo. I need to figure out how to code in a punch-punch-kick combo thing like in Wildweasel's Diaz remake. I also need to remake the sprites for the Charge Shot and Mid Charge Shot projectiles. I'm currently using the ones I used for the Charge Cannon from my Exterminator mod. There's also one thing that I want to do as well. I want to have it so that every time you start a level, the screen flashes playing the Mega Man X teleporting sound, thus emulating the teleporting-in sequence like from all the classic 2D platforming Mega Man games, and then have the player say some random line like "Let's Go!" or "Beginning my mission!". Now, how would I be able to do that?

I also need to fix the sndinfo coding. I haven't the slightest clue on how to clean it all up. Can someone please help me out here?

Basically folks, I am having a really hard time with the DECORATE coding. Please, can someone help me with the coding?

Return to “Development Journals”