ciRRus.project

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Zero Prophet

ciRRus.project

Post by Zero Prophet »

ciRRus.project
resource development

.total submissions - 2
.last update - 3-24-07
.current members -
  • Xaser
  • Zero Prophet
.intro.

Spawned from the ashes of the various weapon resource wads, the ciRRus project is a different approach to resource development. To put it simply, this project is a series of weapons and misc. resources created for anyone to use freely. Where all the other resource wads failed, ciRRus hopes to succeed by releasing its resources as individual packs instead of one huge, long to download, and difficult to manage wadfile. Simple, right?

Having said this, keep in mind that the ciRRus project's goal is to NOT take requests. While suggestions and ideas are greatly appreciated, no single weapon idea is ever guaranteed to get done, really, and flooding the thread with hundreds of ideas isn't so great for business. Just think of the project this way: Weapon artists such as NMN, Corrupt Marine, and Marty Kirra create the sprites and upload them as public domain. This project's aim is to do the same with fully-coded wads and samples.

The ciRRus team started as a small joint venture between Xaser and Zero Prophet, but plans are to expand the project as time goes on. With some volunteers and interesting submissions, perhaps the team may increase its numbers soon enough. For now, though, submissions will remain "team-only" for the time being until things start picking up. If somehow you're interested in helping out, PM either Xaser or Zero. The project's in a rather disorganized state right now (as you can see by this confusing post), but hopefully things will settle down eventually.

And without further ado, here are the current resource entries. This post will be updated with updates and information as they come, so stay tuned.

- - - entry.001 : DEVON - - -

Title - Twin Devon Magnums, "Seraph & Scion"
Author - Xaser
Date - 3-24-07
Status - *Inprogress

Intro - A set of dual pistols inspired by Devil May Cry. Still a WIP but neat anyway.

ImageImage
Download DEVON

- - - entry.002 : PROTO - - -

Title - "Prototype" Resources
Author - Zero Prophet
Date - 12-15-06
Status - *Unfinished

Intro - Unfinished resources for "Prototype", a strange mod that never got anywhere. Wield bizarre experimental weapons and strike the enemy down.

ImageImageImageImage
Download PROTO

This post will be updated periodically with new releases. Questions and comments, begin now!
Last edited by Zero Prophet on Sat Apr 07, 2007 19:24, edited 2 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I've got a question. Are you ever going to release Zero Tolerance, or at least what you have of it?
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Those links to the demo are forbidden.
Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

It seems that Filexoom is having some trouble or something. Everything worked fine last night but now I can't even access my account. Is there treachery afoot or have I done something particularly evil?

I'll provide sendspace mirrors momentarily, as a temporary fix.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

It does not need to be confined to just one port, hmm?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Had a look at these earlier...the DEVON wad is very fun, I like the recoil effect you managed, but there is a minor bug in that the right pistol does not consume ammo. The PROTO wad has a couple of really neat ideas like the Backfire pistol.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

Woo Hoo, someone finally used my deagle recorces, and made them 100 times better :D

Return to “Development Journals”