Marty's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

I was moving forward, so the weapon is at the bottom :P/
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Pic showing the chainsaw clip-on's third move in it's combo.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Sawn-Off loading.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Grapple Hook: Before
After
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Assault Rifle In action.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Quick Question: Does anyone know the new tag for NOALERT? This doesn't seem to work with the new GZDOOM.

EDIT: Nevermind
Last edited by Marty Kirra on Sun Apr 09, 2006 18:30, edited 1 time in total.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Love it love it love it! Expecially the new shot of the golden pistol there.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Ok guys, I'm back to updating this thing.

Hernandez Weapons: I'm going back to work on it from scratch, using Duducrazy's sleeves and black gloves like I originally wanted, but didn't have the resources for. The mod's premise is still nearly the same has before, but the weapons themselves are going to be heavily worked on.

MK-Cheer(Name being worked on :P): This is the mod where the latest screenshots I posted came from. I have only 5 weapons to add, but since this is a little more advanced than the last two, I'll leave this for last.

That's the plan. ;)
Last edited by Marty Kirra on Tue Aug 01, 2006 17:16, edited 1 time in total.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Yet again, I am starting a new mod. I do not plan on abandoning the others just yet...

Doom Through Time
Woot. The main premise of this mod is that it's for Hexen and I plan to make use of alot of GZDoom features, such has dynamic lights and .PNG graphics. The mod story is going to be possibly written by WildWeasel himself and is basicly a play on the "UAC:Leading the way to a better future". Basicly, the Doomguy (known has Doom in this mod), and the two marines from Quake 3, Crash and Phobos, are supposed to be sent to the future but are infact sent to the past. Each of Hexen's default classes are replaced with each character. Here's what I've done so far...

* Started work on the design document.
* Replaced the class card for the Fighter with it's new class..."Doom". Also added the character graphics on the card.
* Added the Sawnoff Shotgun, a rip from Resurrection of Evil doomifed. This is now Doom's starting weapon.
* Finished Melee graphics for Crash and Doom. They both make use of Doom 64's fist graphics. "Doom" has the default PC fist graphics with the glove from D64, while Crash has D64's fist graphics but recolored. I also finished Crash's boot graphic, an edited Hacx boot recolored and edited to look like Crash's from Q3.
* I started work on the Blaster, Crash's starting weapon. So far, it is a rip of the Blaster from the Doom 3 conversion, Quake II: Lost Marine". The rip itself is good, but when resized, it looks awkward. I might use the one from Quake 2 (The actual game, not the conversion listed above).
* Added a new high-res title screen. It is a picture of the Quake 3 Doomguy behind a pic of the UAC: Leading a way to a better future.
* So far, it is planned that each class gets six weapons.
* TDA has also helped me with my FSGLOBAL problem. It seems that I need to include the first map of Hexen for this to actually work. Hopefully, when GZDoom gets custom class support I can take it out.
* Right now, I have started on what may be a new class (Then again, I will need custom class support before I go on implementing it). This new class shall remain secret.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Some more work!

* Gathering resources for the mod.
* Started coding the Imp. It uses sprites from D64 and behaves different than the one people are used to.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Yahoo! Another update!

* The Resurrection of Evil shotgun has been replaced with something newer and custom made...
* Chronoteeth has given me alot of ideas for Phobos, most of which will make it.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Yet again!

* The new shotgun is now dropped by the Ettin so incase you warp, you should get the shotgun early.
* Since FSGlobal hates Hexen, I am going to need skin replacements for all the default weapons incase the player warps.
* The shotgun is probley going to be the only weapon that reloads. Another possibility is that the SOCOM Phobos has might reload, but other than that, I don't plan on making anymore reloading weapons.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

And the update for today!

* Shotgun is now coded! It uses DoomRater's new system of reloading which is much easier than I thought. It also shows a red light when out of ammo, showing you that you have to reload.
* The Blaster (Crash's Starting Weapon) is halfway coded. WildWeasel has helped me quite a bit with it, the Blaster charges it's Cell when not in use. It will also have a charge up shot.
* FSGlobal fixed thanks to Weasel. The warp problem is still there though.
* Phobo's SOCOM becomes the Custom Shocker Pistol. It uses the graphics posted in my edits journal but with some edits made to it.
* I was thinking about adding the Tome of Power...I'll see if I decide to keep this.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Tonight begins...the Dawn of Tomorrow

----

Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow
* Added the Pistol, a modified Magnum from one of Xaser's unreleased wads.
* Added the melee attacks. Punch N' Chop Woot!
* Added the Assault Rifle, with has one the the coolest animations ever.
* Started work on the Dart gun.
Marty Kirra

Post by Marty Kirra »

Walther P-38 during a reload sequence

----

Agent Hernandez: Dawn of Tomorrow
* Added the Officer's Pistol, the P-38. There's just one problem though...I need to add in the officer!
* Dart gun is finished...or at least coding wise.
* Added in pain sounds...completely new I might add!
* Added in Mutant Sounds...also new!
* Three types of mutants have been added...four if you count the Super Mutant replacing the Chaingunner.
* Added in idle sounds. Basicly, if your not firing a weapon for a long time, you hear Hernandez say some random phrase.

Return to “Development Journals”