Snarboo's Mod Journal

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

Zero Prophet

Post by Zero Prophet »

Random input: I know they don't look anything like the Duke64 smgs, but Marty Kirra's TMP (found on this page) looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure whether that's what you're looking for, but it's a start, at least.

Either way, this mod is looking pretty sweet! Keep up the good work. ;)
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Oooh no! I <3 those smgs! At least keep the smgs before you update. I wanna play with them myself before you update, and personally I would like to try those little gems. :D
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Don't worry, I probably won't replace the SMG graphics. I like them as they are. Thanks for your input, though, Zero. I'll definitely check out the TMP graphics.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

As a general notice, I'm going to start deleting the screenshots from this thread because I've almost reached my upload quota. I might be forced to use a file sharing host, too. I might talk to Weasel about opening a hosted resource section on the main site that compiles the best uploads for download. This way, the files won't take up space on the forums, and will be available for anyone to download off the front page.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Both :/ and :D
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

No, I'm not dead. I've been fairly busy with real life stuff. Work will resume on Luke Killem soonish. I also have an another mod planned to work on after Luke Killem is done.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Sweet jesus finally, i've been needing to mod very badly :P
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Work has officially started again on Luke. Chrono, I'll finish up my work and send out to you by this weekend. For everyone else, I'm going to start a minimod after Luke is finished as a cool down from it and a way to have some fun.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

*sigh* Like clockwork, I've put Luke on hold once again. I'm considering a minor revamp, nothing major. Most likely changing some of the weapon graphics around and such.

Anyway, I'm currently working on a *TOP SECRET* project. It's only under lock and key until I have more to show, however. The pace is going rather quick, and I have the first weapon, a knife, completed. Currently working on the pistol replacement. Once I have atleast three or four weapons done, I'll show off some screenies. I'm curious how you guys might react once you see where I'm going with this. :)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

*TOP SECRET* Project:
*Finished the pistol replacement. The pistol is now a UAC developed 9MM Caseless Pistol. It's your standard pistol, but it fires faster than the default.
*Next Up - Chainsaw Replacement.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Oh snarby... what about that LK thing? I'm always free to work on it again.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I can use your help anytime, Chrono. :)

*TOP SECRET* Project:
*The Chainsaw replacement is finished. It has been replaced by the Vacuum Gun. The Vac Gun collects air and compresses it very tightly. The pocket of air is then launched with a small linear accelerator or electromagnetic rail. The bolts of air are invisible to the naked eye until they hit a surface. Since the weapon's primary source of ammunition is air, and the capacitor used to power it is is ultra efficient, the weapon will never stop firing for a long time.

It has two firing modes: regular and scatter. Regular uses the full capacitor charge to fire the bolt of air. The capacitor must then recharge. Scatter mode uses half the power, which causes the air to fragment into smaller and weaker particles. This mode has the advantage of recharging faster and firing a small spread of air particles.

Disadvantages of the weapon are the recharge time between each shot and the limited range of the weapon.
*Once the Shotgun replacement is finished, I will post screenies.
Last edited by Snarboo on Tue Jun 20, 2006 18:59, edited 1 time in total.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

*TOP SECRET* Project:
*Started work and finished the first frame for the Shotgun replacement. The shotgun is replaced by, get this, A SHOTGUN! The shotgun happens to be a Remington 870 with a heat shield and folding stock. You won't see the stock as it's unfolded in the HUD sprites.
*Screenshots coming after I finish the shotgun!

Chrono, I can use your help for this project, if you want something to do. :) I just need help with the sounds mostly, as I'm drawing all the sprites by hand and don't plan on ripping anything.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Well I guess I can see if I can find some good sounds. :p
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Don't worry, I'll send the mod to you for Beta Testing. I could use some advice as well.

Return to “Development Journals”