Post by Vader »

Download it here:
http://kdizd.drdteam.org/
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Awesome! I'll wait until the server load isn't quite as heavy. ;D
Risen

Post by Risen »

I've added some more mirrors to the downloads page.

Post by Alter »

Holy shit, i've waited long FOR THIS! going to play this masterpiece
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

I love this, I'm at Z1M5 and this project kicks major ass in detail and gameplay. :)
KeksDose
Stronghold Team

Post by KeksDose »

Finally ;) Have been waiting some time, I play this now. If I edit my post then you will know that I think it's awesome =D

[Edit] You know what I think.
Pyro

Post by Pyro »

:shock:
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm seriously considering revamping the default weapon sprites and sounds and making an "enhanced" pack for KDiZD. Do any of the team members mind if I do this and then release it?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I was considering doing that myself. I'm a bit disappointed that weapon mods won't work out of the box with this.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I have downloaded and played the wad as I promised myself long time ago. It has been at least several months since I played the latest beta before going on a hiatus (connected with my moving out indirectly).
Before I get down to my opinion I must say I am somewhat, most definately positively, surprised by the KDIZD team. Tell you what, I have striked-through the project's name in my list long time ago, believing it will not be done. The leaks and ambition lead me to such a consideration. The release, something that was in my eyes (and I did work on it) ALWAYS so far away from the project was most likely the most gigantic step in KDIZD's development.

The level of detail is staggering in both good and bad. Good is that there's lots to look at (especially little awesome touches, or great terrain, like that found in m9) bad is that it can be crampy and sometimes too excessive (you get focused on the architecture rather than the enemies) but considering this adds a spice to the gameplay, I can't complain. It would be too repetive if 2-3 authors were working on the maps, but because there was a team (which I was proudly a part of) working on the maps there is such a variety in style one just must admit each level looks like a totally different facility.

Gameplay has a raising tendency. Whereas I was complaning mumbling to myself that it is too easy on from 1 to 3, upon reaching the final parts of the wad it was so intensive I had to resurrect myself a couple times :P Good work here. The switch hunting could be annoying for those who play the wad for the first time and yet desparately need to locate all secrets. Otherwise, gameplay is pretty straightforward. Besides, why is the key and switch goose chase an annoying element? It IS a part of Doom's original gameplay. I found it quite entertaining.

The levels feel like kditd but with a real ambush makeover effect, as if technology stopped evolving but aesthetics in old games continued. The maps retain lots of old atmosphere which is really pleasurable for e1 fans.
I'm not a particular fan of the new weapons, but I love the new monsters. Although they seem a bit generic (demon-robo pinky comparison for instance) the artwork is on a very high level.

No doubt KDIZD is EPIC. It was built over a long period of time, the maps are grand, the project is grand, its fame is grand, people behind it are grand (how many projects you know actually mailed ID during their development?!). Because of its somewhat controversial past (leaks, hype) KDIZD spawns varied opinions ranging from extreme praises to ultimate mud throwing, and because of its nature you can either love it or shovel it out, but you can NOT go by KDIZD without playing it at least once, or hearing about it whatsover and this is where KDIZD wins, because
It is better to have a bad reputation from having no reputation at all
Having said all that, I am most definately looking forward to "The Shores of Zdoom"!
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

I'd love to participate in that if there's ever going to be one. :P
Paul

Post by Paul »

*cough* http://www.zdoom.org/wiki/index.php?tit ... s_of_ZDoom

Perhaps you should contact NiGHTMARE about your particapation hmm?
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Big YAY for the shores of Zdoom I'm gonna follow that closely, and nice jobby on KDiZD guys great work I'm enjoying myself with this mapset :)
Logan MTM

Post by Logan MTM »

AWESOME Maps!
AWESOME Scripts!
AWESOME Title Map!
AWESOME GamePlay...

But...

The same mistakes ever remains... Linos with Shild?!?!
I think that should be save for a Hexen remake!
So as you read this know my friends I'd love to stay with you all.
Please smile when you think of me. My body's gone that's all...
Jive

Post by Jive »

Fabulous!
I was waiting after it since a so long time that I'm a bit nervous. But it wasn't possible for me to play it before telling you how thankful I am.

"Authors MAY use the contents of this file as a base for modification or
reuse."

And you are so generous!!! :shock:

Ok... Here I go, now! :D

Return to “Projects”