[1.0.32] screen not sizing correctly

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Raithe

[1.0.32] screen not sizing correctly

Post by Raithe »

In fullscreen & windowed when I start the game all I can see is the top left corner of the screen. In windowed mode the window is the wrong size it gets smaller the higher you set the res; you can only see the top left of the game screen at lo-res. The effect is similar in fullscreen but the game only takes up the top left corner the rest is the desktop. This is in openGL.
In software windowed does the same thing. Fullscreen works but anything moving on the desktop (like the smileys to my left in the post page) bleeds through the image.
I tried to take a SS but it came out normal. (figures)
1.0.21 & down has no problems. I realize this is probably driver related, but I'm hoping its not. Finding the right driver on an ATI, esp an old one, is a nightmare. Hey look it fixed the problem, no wait now this other game is crashing....
Man I miss my voodoo card. [sigh]

relevant sysspecs are as follows:
XPpro SP2
DX9.0c
ATI AIW (7500ish hard to tell with those buggers)
omega drv 38252

BTW thanks for adding in that toggle for overlay only on the automap a few releases back. I think I was the one originally asking about it.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: [1.0.32] screen not sizing correctly

Post by Graf Zahl »

Raithe wrote: 1.0.21 & down has no problems. I realize this is probably driver related, but I'm hoping its not. Finding the right driver on an ATI, esp an old one, is a nightmare. Hey look it fixed the problem, no wait now this other game is crashing....
This means the problem goes back to the time when ZDoom's screen init code was redone (i.e. the time when the startup log window was added.)

However, since you are the first one reporting some problem with it I have to suspect your driver. I remember a few years ago that someone was reporting weird video problems on the ZDoom forum and the cause was the use of Omega drivers so it's most likely the same here.
Raithe

Post by Raithe »

well its not the driver.
Switched to an ATI RAGE128pro and still the same issue.
I thought maybe its an ATI thing; so I put in a Geforce2 GTS, same issue. Very odd. The rage & geforce are running stock ati and nvidia drivers. 5772 for the rage (last working xp drv) and 21.81 for the nvidia (i get horrible performance from any modern forceware on a g2)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

That's indeed strange, It works perfectly fine for me.
Raithe

Post by Raithe »

Oh, I forgot to mention that I get the same problem with the latest skulltag release as well.
Raithe

Post by Raithe »

Found the problem.
I don't use explorer.exe as my shell, I use a windows port of the *nix shell blackbox. (bb4win.org) That's the problem. I've noticed it cause a glitch with one or two games before. Not a big deal I can always logout and back in with explorer when I want to play doom.

Return to “Closed Bugs”