Compilation Fail on Linux With Both Current and SVN Versions

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Surlent

Compilation Fail on Linux With Both Current and SVN Versions

Post by Surlent »

Yeah, the topic's pretty self-explanatory, I'd think. Here are the details: I'm running Ubuntu Karmic (64-bit), I have all the dependencies (most obtained while compiling ZDoom, which, aside from refusing to use TiMiDiTy++, to my unending rage, compiles and works); I am using libfmodex64-4.28.00 and creating my makefile with "cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -DFMOD_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/libfmodex64-4.28.00.so ..", exactly as I did with ZDoom. This appears to work, as it allows me to type "make" afterwards and begin compiling. Herein lies the problem: Around 75%, it fails, without fail, either at glnodes.o or gl_vertexbuffer.o, depending on the particular version. Now, to be most relevant, my very last test was using 1.4.0, instead of the SVN versions (which as of this writing still fail to compile as well). The full error message is as follows:

[ 75%] Building CXX object src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.o
/home/cory/Downloads/Source/GZDoom-1.4.0/src/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.cpp: In member function ‘int FVertexBuffer::CreateSubsectorVertices(subsector_t*, const secplane_t&, int)’:
/home/cory/Downloads/Source/GZDoom-1.4.0/src/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.cpp:143: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions
/home/cory/Downloads/Source/GZDoom-1.4.0/src/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.cpp: In member function ‘void FVertexBuffer::MapVBO()’:
/home/cory/Downloads/Source/GZDoom-1.4.0/src/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.cpp:263: error: void value not ignored as it ought to be
make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/gl/data/gl_vertexbuffer.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/zdoom.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

I must admit that I am still relatively new to Linux, having only used it since 2007. If more detail is required, please tell me how I can get it for you.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: Compilation Fail on Linux With Both Current and SVN Versions

Post by Graf Zahl »

Looks like a problem with your glext.h. That line is correct in my code and the only reason I can imagine throwing this error is that the glMapBufferRange function type is not properly declared.

You should try to get the most up to date version of this file from www.opengl.org .
Surlent

Post by Surlent »

Thank you very much for your reply. I find it very strange that that file should be problematic...I'm not sure what package provides it or how it relates to my nvidia drivers, but my opengl seems to be otherwise stable. =/ I will look around, and see if replacing that file fixes things...it seems that diff /usr/include/GL/glext.h /home/cory/glext.h (with the latter being from that site) are very much different...too bad I don't quite know how to read the output of diff. =/ Eh, here goes nothing.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Surlent wrote: or how it relates to my nvidia drivers,

If you got by any change one that's provided by NVidia, get rid of it! They distributed one very screwed up version once and I have no idea if they fixed it.
Surlent

Post by Surlent »

Well, I replaced the one in /usr/include/GL with the one from opengl.org, (regarding nvidia, I am using what is probably the most recent beta driver...I have no idea why I did that, but I don't think the newest Ubuntu kernel was too happy about it...I'll have to try and fix it at some point; for now I'm just using the second-most recent kernel, which is fine with it) and amazingly enough, GZDoom compiled, albeit with a lot of scary-sounding but apparently trivial warning messages. I can launch the program, but just like normal ZDoom, I have no music. Except unlike normal ZDoom, I have no sound at all either (with both the 1.4.1 and SVN) =/ This is quite perplexing and annoying. I mean, prboom in a framebuffer is doable for a lot of things, but (G)ZDoom is without a doubt my favorite, and I have a lot of (G)ZDoom-specific maps. =/

Return to “Closed Bugs”