List of known bugs and exploits

Public forum to discuss Stronghold.
[Home] [Realm 667]

Moderators: Tormentor667, Stronghold Team

Streetsweeper66

List of known bugs and exploits

Post by Streetsweeper66 »

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me creating this topic.
I just thought it might help anyone to have a complete list of the current bugs in one place although you probably heard about them already.
Anyone feel free to add newly discovered bugs please.

List of bugs

[only multiplayer] Upon failing the Portable Defence Barrier Power Up causes all players health to drop to 0%. They don't die, but are unable to shoot.
Solution at the moment is the "kill" command resulting in a lost life.

[only single player] Picking up Backpacks of ammo does not raise the maximum ammo capacity.

[only multiplayer] On map Str14 are not enough spawn points making players telefrag each other.

[only multiplayer] Buying one "unit" of max health increase raises max health by 5% in the intermap.
As soon as a mission is entered the the health bonus is reduced to 1% for every unit bought. For example getting a max health of 200 in the intermap results in a "battlefield" max health of 120.

[only singleplayer] Buying one "unit" of max health increase raises max health by 1%. Wasn't it supposed to be 5%?

[only multiplayer] Most numbers in the HUD are not correct or temporarily disappear. For example the Core Health in Core game mode or the current health or ammo count. Using a life to free a "prisoner" does not change the displayed number of lives.

[only multiplayer] Mission 4 of Tier 2 causes incredible lag when the Ion Cannon is fired.

[only multiplayer][exploit] Players can drop any item then spectate join again and pick up the dropped items. For example they drop their 3 starting lives, spectate, join again and pick up the dropped lives. Same works with any item costing less or equal to 300.

All bugs/exploits listed above were encountered in Skulltag 0.98c

That's all bugs I can remember for now.
Last edited by Streetsweeper66 on Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:17, edited 1 time in total.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: List of known bugs and exploits

Post by Rachael »

When listing these bugs, please, in addition to saying multiplayer or singleplayer, tell us if they happen in Skulltag or GZDoom. This will make it far easier to pinpoint the source of the problems, if indeed they are the engines themselves.
Streetsweeper66

Post by Streetsweeper66 »

Three more bugs all encountered in Skulltag 0.98c single player mode.

1. Loading a save game in the middle of mission 3 tier 2 made a few already killed Blood Demons stand up again being either unhittable or invulnerable. Loading again always reliably makes them resurrect.

2. Loading a save game of mission 4 tier 2 made the rail gun look like the classic rail gun and the weapon can not be changed by mousewheel. After selecting another gun with keyboard weapon changing with mousewheel works again. Wheeling through all weapons the rail gun is completely gone though.

3. Limit for Marine Reinforcements is 5 instead of 10.
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

All these are in the latest version of gzdoom while playing singleplayer. None of these bugs bother me too much, and overall this turned out really great -

- rare crashes that erase the saved game
- map 17 should be listed as a core map, not a deadline map
- map 11 is shown on the screen and in the level itself as on scorpid, but in the info box that pops up before you enter it, it says it's helixoid.
- map 21 (overmind), has Carmack saying "welcome BACK to midnat II", however, this is the first time we visit that planet. My guess is that maybe map 18 (delta bunker) was supposed to be midnat II as well since it has the aurora sky effects that map 24 (also midnat II) has.
- I can buy the "I win" powerup, but it does not show up and I cannot use it
- sometimes enemies don't show up in the first secret map
- map 30 is listed as limit, when it is a deadline map
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Streetsweeper66 wrote:[only single player] Picking up Backpacks of ammo does not raise the maximum ammo capacity.

[only singleplayer] Buying one "unit" of max health increase raises max health by 1%. Wasn't it supposed to be 5%?
Both confirmed for GZDoom 1.5.0.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Tier 4 Mission 1 (Sigma 2): description says deadline, actual type is core.
Edward-san
Developer
Developer

Post by Edward-san »

Streetsweeper66 wrote: [only single player] Picking up Backpacks of ammo does not raise the maximum ammo capacity.
To be more precise, when you pick up the first time a backpack it works correctly, but after finishing the mission with that backpack, then doing another mission, and then picking up a new backpack, you won't have the increasing of the maximum ammo capacity.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Edward-san wrote:
Streetsweeper66 wrote: [only single player] Picking up Backpacks of ammo does not raise the maximum ammo capacity.
To be more precise, when you pick up the first time a backpack it works correctly, but after finishing the mission with that backpack, then doing another mission, and then picking up a new backpack, you won't have the increasing of the maximum ammo capacity.
That sounds like an engine bug to me!
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

The Duke 3D level has a few bugs. First I got stuck during a wave as the counter remained stuck on 2, despite the complete lack of monsters. I ended up making myself a console command just to decrease the monster counter and proceed to the next waves.

For the ninth wave, the message tells you you're getting a pyro-cannon, but what you get is a repeater.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

The elevator to get back from tiers 5 and 6 to mission control and the rest of the hubs is annoyingly slow. You could make it faster, or add a jump pad shortcut.

The order of secret missions is not really correct.

Secret Mission #1 (DN3D): you have to be tier 6 to unlock it. Before you reach it, the mention of a lounge below mission control is rather confusing by the way -- there are lounges everywhere in that base.

Secret Mission #2 (Blood): you also have to be tier 6 to unlock it (Jailba code).

Secret Mission #3 (TUTNT): you have to be tier 2 to unlock it (Earth disk). It features a defense style that has not been introduced yet when you can first access it.

See the problem?
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Minor pet peeve: the intermap's automap is reset each time. It gets annoying.
Jimmy
Stronghold Team

Post by Jimmy »

How can we alleviate that? We can't change the current setup into a hub.

(a) It would require a lot of overhauling in the ACS (probably.
(b) As far as I know, GZDoom will use up stupid amounts of memory as it tries to cram 35+ maps into a single hub.

Maybe we should just set every line in the map to "shown"?
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

[GZDoom 1.5.0, single-player mode] If the console cvar NeverSwitchOnPickup is True, the Intermap will constantly spam the "You're lucky you didn't get shot" warning message.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thanks to all of you for posting these, we are fixing most of these meanwhile, just to let you know :) Keep them coming! (or better not ;))
Stephen312312

Post by Stephen312312 »

Another bug I found is that whenever a marine reinforcement is hurt, its sight sound is played after its pain sound.

Return to “Stronghold”