ECWolf 1.2 Released

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: ECWolf 1.2 Released

Post by Blzut3 »

Vados wrote:Maybe I don't correctly put it. Under the root directory, I would like to say a directory with ecwolf.exe etc.
Ahh. Still either way doing it automatically like that seems too restrictive or would cause too many false positives.

As far as Gez's suggestion, hmm... Does this provide any particular advantage over shipping with a bat file to go into portable mode?
Vados

Post by Vados »

Blzut3 wrote:Ahh. Still either way doing it automatically like that seems too restrictive or would cause too many false positives.
As I see it, it's easier to use the standard mechanism of ZDoom.
Blzut3 wrote:As far as Gez's suggestion, hmm... Does this provide any particular advantage over shipping with a bat file to go into portable mode?
I do not know. I believe that the bat file/link - it's redundant.

By the way, how to turn on mouse look forever? I like it. I mean by that tab + m.
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

Vados wrote:By the way, how to turn on mouse look forever? I like it. I mean by that tab + m.
It's an unfinished feature so there's no way currently. I guess I could add a hidden option to enable it permanently for the few people that want it on. Just remember that the freelook is just a visual effect at the moment.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Blzut3 wrote:Does this provide any particular advantage over shipping with a bat file to go into portable mode?
Not really. (Except when using a debugger that launches the exe directly.)
8bitwizard

Post by 8bitwizard »

Hi there. New user and I LOVE ecwolf. It's really breathed some new life into the game.
I've experienced a crash that occurs anytime I defeat the boss for chapter two (the doctor).
After he dies, the Death Cam appears replaying his defeat.
The game crashes every time and I cannot progress.
This happens in both windowed mode and fullscreen regardless of resolution.

Anyone else having this?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

I'm able to reproduce the issue with the released build, but not with my latest development build. I'll probably have 1.2.2 out in the next few days, but in the mean time can you give the latest development build a quick test? http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/ These builds may or may not be able to load your save, so just warp to MAP19.

Return to “ECWolf”