Issue loading DB2 R1715 onto Win7 x64 N

Discuss the hosted development builds here.
[Home]

Moderator: Dev Builds Team

indigo223

Issue loading DB2 R1715 onto Win7 x64 N

Post by indigo223 »

Hello,

I'm attempting to load Doom Builder 2 R1715 onto a Windows 7 x64 N system which reports having DirectX11 according to DXDIAG and has Slim DX x64 installed. After installing DB2 and running it, DB2 says that it requires the latest version of DirectX and asks if I'd like to install or update it now. Given that DirectX 11 is already installed, what might I need to do in order to get DB2 running on this machine? Your help is greatly appreciated, as I would love to be able to map on my laptop =).

- indigo
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Issue loading DB2 R1715 onto Win7 x64 N

Post by Rachael »

Try installing the original DB2 with the installer before you install the development versions. I've found that it usually helps prepare your system with all the proper prerequisites to get it working.

I don't remember everything that DB2 needs to get working. I think it requires .NET framework, which if I remember right is included with Windows 7 anyway.
Tiger
Developer
Developer

Re: Issue loading DB2 R1715 onto Win7 x64 N

Post by Tiger »

Following with Eruanna's approach (assuming it didn't work - or did not try it, either or), check the prerequisites that is listed on this topic. You'll need:
  • SlimDX Runtime (.NET 2.0) - January 2012
  • Microsoft .NET 3.5 or 4.0
    • You can retrieve these .NET version via Windows Updates
Note: You can ignore this: Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package (x86); this is only necessary for those using Windows 8 and above.
Nicholas 'Tiger' Gautier

Return to “Development Builds”