GzDooM pre-1905 + Black screen

Bugs that have been resolved.

Moderator: Graf Zahl

lizardcommando

Re: GzDooM pre-1905 + Black screen

Post by lizardcommando »

Just tested the most release GitHub build and I am still getting the black screen :(
dpJudas
Developer
Developer

Post by dpJudas »

ibm5155 wrote:And here comes my test log:
mClipSplit[1] = 10.0f; results in black
mClipSplit[1] = 100.0f; results in black, but you can see 20% of the screen (and you can see everything if you join the new game)
mClipSplit[1] = 1000.0f; and I can see everything
mClipSplit[1] = 384.0f; hmm I can see half the screen (I'm using 1360x768 and 384 equals 768/2)
mClipSplit[1] = 760.0f; I can see all but I belive, 6 missing lines.
mClipSplit[1] = 768.0f; now I can see everything :D
This is my fault. In my eagerness to try make sure everything was 100% surely initialized I added "mClipSplit[0] = mClipSplit[1] = 0.0f". The problem is that those values are the wrong values. The ClearClipSplit() call slightly further above initializes them and I had missed that.

Interestingly, this must mean that Nvidia is ignoring gl_ClipDistance in the main.vp shader under some conditions where other vendors do not.

Graf: It is probably best you go over all the initialized values in FRenderState::Reset (or at least the ones my recent patch added) and verify they are the correct default values. I added two commits to PR91 fixing what I could tell was wrong, but my understanding of this part of the code is somewhat limited.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Regarding the mClipSplit issue, this almost sounds like the clip planes are always active, which they should not. Weird. I have known this to cause problems with some older ATI drivers but seeing this happen with a far more recent one by Intel is really odd. Well, at least this one doesn't totally screw up the output...
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

I have a new issue to report, but I'm not exactly sure how to describe it. I have tested the issue to make sure it wasn't a mod.

As best I can; Sprites and voxels appear through walls, and, when I move in any way, the remain on screen like a HUD. I haven't seen anyone else post this issue.
Also, there are player weapon sprites.

NOTE: The sprites only up-end after I attempt to fire a weapon.

A picture example.

Note; sorry if the image is too big, I still haven't figured out how to do that.

EDIT: Apparently this has begun happening to older versions of GZDoom on my PC as well, and I now realize that this problem is more than likely exclusively on my end. Shit.
It was never easy.
ibm5155

Post by ibm5155 »

Did you tried a clean uninstall from your graphics card driver?
In case you use amd/nvidia, try to run the DDU software in the safe mode (Windows)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

ibm5155 wrote:Did you tried a clean uninstall from your graphics card driver?
In case you use amd/nvidia, try to run the DDU software in the safe mode (Windows)
http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/dis ... nload.html
I'm going to give this a go. I'll report back with results.

EDIT: No dice, still getting the same results.
It was never easy.
Yrvyne

Post by Yrvyne »

Hello people,

On Ubuntu Gnome I also get the black screen. What differs is that gzdoom starts windowed and the mouse does not show.

The AMD driver I use is the only available option called a microcode.

Any details I can provide?

Thank you.
mav3rick

Post by mav3rick »

after testing with "gzdoom-g2.2pre-2123" no more black screen and the problems with the sprite is fixed ^_^ (in my case)

Return to “Closed Bugs”