A short map by me

Talk about our & your projects.
MaxPower8905

A short map by me

Post by MaxPower8905 »

Here's a small map I made inspired by Agent Spork's Simplicity. I whipped it up in about 5 days so it's not my best work. Plus I got kind of lazy with it so some areas lack a lot of detail. But it's still a descent map so I'm releasing it rather than letting it rot on my hard drive. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.de/files/12204560/mp_wbase.rar.html

Requires GZDoom to run.

Credits go to:
Agent Spork - Palette and for doing a kick ass job on Simplicity!
Nick Baker - Textures
Enjay - Sky

Post by Alter »

I cleared it it's fun but NO SECRETS
offtopic:soon i will become make maps not megawad
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Wow, this is actually a very good level. Nice look to it, and that warp2 thing looks awesome. Nice sky, too. This makes that other level your working on seem even more intriguing.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

Very good map. I enjoyed staring at the sky... :D
Blade Nightflame

Post by Blade Nightflame »

Very nice. I only god modded once, but not during the rest. Pretty challanging for me.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Very nice level. Good looking and fun to play as well. Glad you could make use of the sky.
farlowj wrote:This makes that other level your working on seem even more intriguing.
Certainly does.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

Very nice map. The sky and warp2 water were very pretty icing on the cake. Definitely oozes Simplicity. Job well done.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Re: A short map by me

Post by Graf Zahl »

MaxPower8905 wrote: But it's still a descent map so I'm releasing it rather than letting it rot on my hard drive. Here's the link:

Why don't you release it properly by uploading it to /idgames?

It's a really nice map and the only change I'd recommend is to add a little health and ammo. It can get rather tight in some places.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Any reason all of your patch graphics are imported at typical sprite offsets? I don't think it matters at all, I just noticed it, that's all.
MaxPower8905

Post by MaxPower8905 »

Thanks for all the good comments guys. Of course this is just a really quick map I made, so if you enjoyed this you will definately enjoy Assault on Facility 207.

@Graf Zahl: I would upload it to /idgames but I don't know how, so I'll see if I can try and figure it out. About the health and ammo issue, I thought it would be fine since I was able to exit the map with 100 health and ammo to spare. Plus my Dad was almost able to beat it and he isn't exactly the greatest player around.

@Enjay: I just copied the patches and stuff directly from the texture pack, since I was lazy and that was the quickest way to do it. And those skybox packs you released are awesome. I'm using another one of those skies in Assault on Facility 207.
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

MaxPower8905

Post by MaxPower8905 »

Alright I added a bit more health and ammo to this map, fixed a minor bug I noticed, and uploaded it to /idgames.

Return to “Projects”