Fire Fox Funny File Extentions.

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Fire Fox Funny File Extentions.

Post by solarsnowfall »

It's come to my attention, that some people are having issues with Fire Fox, and it's association of compressed file formats (IE Zip and Rar) and I came accross this article on the net that would seem to clear up some of this. I hope this helps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/compute ... 354-1.html
Hobbs

Post by Hobbs »

I don't have any of the troubles with firefox that everbody else does. All my files open with their appropriate program if I select open, and they all save to disk automatically. The exception for this being .exe and .msi files.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

I'm having this awful problem where firefox won't let me save a file somewhere, it just runs stuff from cache automatically.

Quite annoying.
Bashe

Post by Bashe »

I have a problem where sometimes it will not know what a zip is and when I try to do anything, the window just disappears.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Heh, I'm probably way old on this but I'd like to say that while swfs load after I have loaded a webpage containin them, if I have just opened Firefox it asks me what I want to do with the file instead of opening it like it should. I checked the plugins folder because I have the plugin for it (they load and view fine after I go to a web page with flash in it) but at the start the plugin isn't there! What's up with that?
Shinjanji

Post by Shinjanji »

Wow. I'm having none of the bugs that you guys are having. I just have a high chance of losing my Bookmarks if my computer crashes.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

(goes off to install 1.5 or whatever the beta thingy is or if it's a RC or something like that)
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I now use SAFlashPlayer to play SWFs. It's too bad it's illegal to distribute the thing (despite the fact you can download it with Flash 8 Trial) or I'd make it available for people, because frankly my dear I just want to play my flashes without being on the net.

Return to “General”