Concept weapons

Do you have a question about making weapon mods, or do you just need some tutorials and resources? Ask about all of that here.

Moderator: wildweasel

DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

-Taking a healthbonus doesn't work.
-still need to try the puff thing.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

This is only semi-related to the topic, but I've always wondered how you would go about making a convincing whip in Doom. You could take the "dry" route and make it a melee weapon with increased range, but that's rather boring. I want to see something more dynamic, like the chain whips from Castlevania or Indiana Jone's snake skin one.

Is something like this possible in decorate, possibly as a projectile with limited range that then shoots back in the opposite direction? Perhaps you have a main projectile, such as a morning star, and then it leaves a trail of chains behind it? Both of those seem like shoddy hacks, but I'm just brainstorming.
Doomed Soul

Post by Doomed Soul »

Yes. I have actually pondered that myself as well. I could work some thing like the white flame thrower from the WRW. +RIPPER and that would do it. Me thinks so anyways....I wanna try that now, but I ain't got no whip gfx, but I do have chains...meh.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

I have no idea why I let this topic drop off the front page.

I decided to try something on a whim because of what I saw in Warzone: I inherited from BlasterFX1 when attempting to create a projectile explosive that moves really fast. It seemed to me that this projectile (which I thought might have been a special hitscan projectile of sorts) was more accurate at super high speeds than regular projectiles, probably due to special coding. My tests can confirm that the movement of BlasterFX1 is better than a regular projectile and you can use it in that fashion. It of course still suffers if you push it to higher extremes, but at least it's feasible to use high-speed projectiles now.

Return to “Weapon Modding Help & Resources”