Armory Resource WAD

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow. [Home]

Moderator: wildweasel

Post by Alter »

Fixed both bugs now
Attachments
Shotgun2.zip
Fast pump-action shotgun version 3
(51.26 KiB) Downloaded 237 times
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Fun graphics, but the gun shoots after we see the initial gun flames. That looks really weird...
Bouncy
Location: Somewhere in an arctic region. wait. no. just Michigan.

Post by Bouncy »

bump!

any progress on this? :(
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Forgot to post about this when I received it:
Cleveland Rock, via email, wrote:Dear Wild Weasel,
I'm really sorry, but I already have to quit the project due to some very serious personal problems that came up. I tried my hardest to continue working on the WAD, but it's too difficult right now. I'm sorry and I hope you find somebody else who can do a better job.
Regretfully,
Cleveland Rock

Post by Alter »

We understand him that he has serious personal problems, so weasel is leader again
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Nope. I'm not taking the project into my hands again. Anybody want to volunteer?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'll do it.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

WW's given me the files and, of the unsorted weapons, here are my judgements

Format is:
Weapon - Author - Judgement - Reason

AK47 - Me - Needs Improvement - The smoke looks crap and the firing sound cuts off
Double Glocks - DoomRater - Accepted - Superb tech demo, though it needs more commenting on what on Earth it does, though I can handle that
Heavy Cannon - Zeg-Vok - Needs Improvement - Needs sounds before getting accepted
Railgun - Lord Mattus - Rejected - Too generic with not so good sprites (There's a good reason why Fredrik replaced those sprites in Freedoom). I also suspect this was taken from Aeons of Death as well.
Ice Rifle - Lord Mattus - Needs Improvement - Make it less like the Plasma Rifle for acceptance. All sprites involved are overused as well.
Poison Sword - I don't know - Rejected - To get in, this needs an overhaul: The sprites are overused, the raising states are too slow, the ready state is glitchy and needs more sounds as well such as for hitting someone or the wall with the main attack.
Golden Axe - Zeg-Vok - Needs Improvement - Needs wall hitting and human hitting sounds. Swinging sound is horrible.
Punch Gun - Zeg-Vok - Accpeted - I like it and it's well balanced. Power level 1 when I remove it's power to gib.
EMG - Zeg-Vok - Needs Improvement - WHOA NELLY THAT'S POWERFUL! That and the sprite gets cut off while walking.
Stealth Crossbow - Zeg-Vok - Accepted - The only change I'll do here is make the arrows ark not as much by reducing the effect of gravity.
Deathwatch - Zeg-Vok - Accepted - I'm going to boost this weapons power so it's not a waste of rockets. Power level 5
Nuke of Doom - Zeg-Vok - Rejected - Infinite ammo, too easy to kill yourself, CPU rape and bad HUD sprites are the reasons for this.
Punisher - Zeg-Vok - Accepted - Going to remove one of the primary firing sounds because it sounds because it's weak especially compared to the almighty boom of the other one.
Hand Force Field - Zeg-Vok - Needs Improvement - The sprites look ugly, though well animated.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Do I have to wander aimlessly in this topic to find the link for the Ice Wand again? :\
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

I've made the Ice Rifle look less like the Plasma Gun.

Re-Review.

@KOF: http://forum.drdteam.org/download.php?id=944
Attachments
Mattus5guns.zip
Ice Rifle Bug Fix
(177.46 KiB) Downloaded 167 times
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Bothed weapons are marked as "Needs Improvement"

Ice Wand - It's weak for a weapon that has a 100 ammo limit (For a guide, look for something between the shotgun and the rocket launcher.) plus I'm not a fan of Elven Wand recolours. Plus points for the semi-original firing sound though the projectile has a puny-looking explosion and has no sound.

Ice Rifle - Feels like a slowed down Doom 2.5 plasma rifle still, with added malaligned flash sprite to boot.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

What should I do to improve it? Just tinker with the damage?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Tinker with the damage a little, add a death sound for the projectile and make is less generic than just another single shot weapon (Something I forgot in my mini-review)
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

What should i do to improve my ice rifle? :roll:
Theshooter7

Post by Theshooter7 »

So what weapons are left?

Return to “Doom Armory”