Armory Resource WAD

Here you can chat about the Doom Armory itself, weapon mods, and whatever else that might be related somehow. [Home]

Moderator: wildweasel

TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm not sure, all the weapons I know about are sorted.

Anyway, an update:

The current state of affairs is that all the accepted weapons are compiled into the main WAD and any fatal conflicts are sorted out (Note to weapon authors: Please don't include CheapAlert in your submissions. It's a pain to sort out when a duplicate is found by ZDoom and bombs out.). I made changes to some of the weapons for various reasons: Marty's PDS uses the IsReloading reloading system, Doomraters Dual Glocks don't use altfire to partially reload the right pistol since the left pistol doesn't have such an ability and Zeg-Vok's Deathwatch Missile Launcher uses less ammo than it originally did. If either of you three have objections to such changes, let me know and I'll undo the changes.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

A suggestion that I had early on in this project is that we create a DECORATE include file for people developing Armory Resource Weapons, so that we can test weapons that require CheapAlert and IsReloading and such. Has anyone built such an include file? That way, all you'd need to do is combine the DECORATE info, while we still have access to these special inventory items.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Willing to wait until Friday to get it? I can't do right now since I've lost my USB drive >_<
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

*double post and bump*

Here's the WAD with the CheapAlert item and such. Now I have a better reason to be mad with those who leave the items in their submission WADs :twisted:
Attachments
arw-devwad.zip
Development WAD for the ARW
(662 Bytes) Downloaded 220 times
dolores49

Post by dolores49 »

Shock Rifles...ripped rightoff Unreal Tournament
Attachments
enhancedshockrifle.rar
ASMD and Enhanced Shock Rifle
(125.38 KiB) Downloaded 257 times
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Both marked as needs improvement for the following reasons:

Both sprites are a bit too small (especially the enhanced rifle) and the rails come from the center rather from where the weapon sprite (A rip of the model when the game is set to place the models at the center of the screen might help this). The muzzle flashes are also a bit underdone as well. The secondary projectile of the ASMD rifle just dissapears on impact, which looks bad while both fire modes feel terribly weak (A 100 capacity weapon should be between the Shotgun and RL in terms of power) while the enhanced rifle suffers from the opposite (Too powerful: Have it one-shot everything up to an arch-vile or baron: A one-shot kill on the Spider Mastermind or Cyberdemon without major drawbacks is overly powerful)

Good for a first weapon. Keep at it.
ant1991331

Post by ant1991331 »

Hate to bump but...... is this thing still alive? I might want to contribute...
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

It's still alive and contribution are still welcome.
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

@TDA:You forgot about AlterWorldRuler's Fast Pump-Action Shotgun. Here's The link.

http://forum.drdteam.org/download.php?id=1019
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Needs improvement: I don't like non-bobbing weapons since it looks crap and the weapon itself feels like a over-powered pump action shotgun with really awful sound syncing.
Lord Mattus

Post by Lord Mattus »

More weapons to be reviewed TDA.

USAS 12 Auto Shotgun (TheShooter7)
http://forum.drdteam.org/download.php?id=957

Fallen Eagle (Xaser)
http://forum.drdteam.org/download.php?id=948
dolores49

Double pistol

Post by dolores49 »

The shock rifles are still in development.
Until that, i made double pistols.
Attachments
doublepistol.rar
Double Pistols for Zdoom
(6.1 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Fallen Eagle: Accepted on Power Level 1.
USAS 12 Auto Shotgun: I'm in two minds whever to accept this or not. I like some aspects (A good firing sound and decent balancing) but not others (The shell casings are done in the shitty old way and the sound syncing is noticably off when unloading the weapon)
Double pistols: Needs improvement: The TiC pistols are overused and look like crap anyway.

A further note: Can everyone keep their weapons stuff to one DECORATE lump? TheShooter7 split the USAS12 into multiple lumps which makes it trickier than necessary to see what links to what, especially given that it's just a single weapon.
Theshooter7

Post by Theshooter7 »

I'll fix that. I kinda tore it out of a mod I'm working on, so that is why it's like that. I'll also comment my code.

One more thing. I didn't know there was a new method for ejecting shells. Can you give me an example?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I can handle the commenting. As for casings, look at ww-diaz by WildWeasel. The casings are well done in there. One thing I will say is to scale the casings down as they look huge as your weapon stand.

Return to “Doom Armory”