[Feature Requests] Visible textures and sloped textures

Moderator: Graf Zahl

BetaSword

[Feature Requests] Visible textures and sloped textures

Post by BetaSword »

Visible Textures:
Basically, a flag that can be set on the 3D floor line (160) that determines whether all sides of the floor can be seen at a time or not. Erm... Here's a picture to help me explain:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

With that cube, you can only see the two sides that face you. What I'm asking is a flag that'll allow the two back sides, and the top and bottom, to all be seen, no matter where you look at it. Umm... I think that's a good enough explanation...

Sloped Textures:
Exactly what it sounds like. It was discussed on the Zdoom forums (http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=4575&start=0, http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=5513), and when asked whether it could be possible,
Graf Zahl, circa March 10, 2005 wrote:Why shouldn't it?
So why not? Unless it's already there.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

1. no problem. Internally the flags are already there but they are not exposed.

2. I know exactly what you mean. And since March 10th the same problem still exits: Randy doesn't say anything. Nobody has the slightest clue what his plans are or whether he still has plans. He simply doesn't answer any question about future features. Of course I could add it but what if Randy comes along and is doing the same thing differently? It is impossible to plan ahead if one person you depend on doesn't talk.
BetaSword

Post by BetaSword »

Ah, alright, that all works quite well. Thanks :)
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Added 1. Add 4 to the 3D floor type to always render the inside as well.
With 2 I will wait until Randy resurfaces from whatever rock he is hiding under. This has to be discussed first before I decide whether this is worth a non-ZDoom feature.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”