Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... -cola2.rar

Near-final beta version. I've got all the weapons in, the rocket launcher has been replaced with a mercury cannon (at max level, this weapon acts a lot like the SSG replacement from doomos.wad), and a few miscellaneous balance tweaks have been made. I've tried to make the mass driver feel as powerful as possible, going to the point of temporarily freezing the player when firing to let the recoil take effect (this has the awesome side-effect of stopping the player dead in his tracks when running forward while firing a max-level mass driver).

Everybody, post any issues you can find. (I can't fix the graphics bugs with the mercury gun projectiles, though, so please don't post about that particular issue.)
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Haven't been able to find any bugs from my 15 minute playthrough. It's definitely given me a fresh jolt of inspiration, though! I love the caffeine based weapon power levels. Kind of reminds me of Pariah, and might be a good thing to try in my next mod.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Fer crying out loud, just use inventory instead of ammo types when making counters for weapons like the unarmed! o_o
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Wait, people are still doing that? O_O
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

It's a habit - not to mention every time I use FistSeq in a mod, I always grab it from ww-stranger =P
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Weasel apparently is, because I can only attack with the right fist in easiest. It's annoying that he never updated the code.
Visplane_Overflow

Post by Visplane_Overflow »

The P-90 is unrealistically quiet. I mean, it's the same as the Doom3 pistol - it sounds like a damned Nerf gun (until you get it to max level, anyway). There's little evidence of recoil on Doomguy's arms when he fires the mass-driver. Other than that, though it seems decent....
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Did I mention how much of a gungasm I got when I fired the final weapon? I went SQUEE~~~ firing that thing.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The wad has been updated - please redownload. I've added a few sounds, fixed a few things, and changed the fistseq to an inventory item. Hope you're happy now =P
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Updated ww-cola2 again, addressing Visplane_Overflow's complaints about the P90 being too quiet, and adding a secret inventory item and a new DSSECRET sound.
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

What does Igi-ari do?
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Haha, so THAT's what you did. Nice! (if it worked) :thumb:
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I just noticed a HUGE bug with the latest version. If you have "drop item" bound, it's completely possible to drop the coffee/caffeine-indicator from your inventory. I found that out on accident, as I have "drop item" bound pretty close to my inventory keys.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

That's deliberate: In co-op you can drop caffiene levels for your mates.

Code: Select all

ACTOR CaffieneLevel : Inventory
{
	+INVBAR
	Inventory.MaxAmount 3
	Inventory.Icon STCOFFEE
	Inventory.PickupMessage "Caffiene level-up - drop this item to give it to your co-op pals"
	States
	{
	Spawn:
		COFE A -1
		Stop
	}
}
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Ah, I see. That's pretty cool. But what do you do if you accidently drop and then lose it in Singleplayer? Can you just not upgrade your weapons for that level or?

Return to “Development Journals”