Weasel's Mods

In this forum, you can start an ongoing development diary detailing the progress on your latest mods in progress.

Moderator: wildweasel

wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I've been getting over a bout of sickness lately (probably something I ate), but I've been putting my energy into all kinds of creative outlets.

The Project

I'm sure you might have noticed that I'm working on a complete TC with a team of talented (VERY talented) modders, an official sequel of sorts to Cold Hard Cash, a mod that I still consider to be my very best (next to Diaz).

The Story

My skills at humor are not going untapped, as I write a holiday-themed Phoenix Wright fan fiction: A Turnabout for the Holidays. This remains a work in progress, but you can read the first three parts by following the links.

The Hexen Mod

I fired up XWE for the first time in ages and worked on the Hexen mod. I added the Turner T6800 Shotgun to Agent Zero's arsenal. He's already got a shotgun, but I figured why not add another one? I'll find some way to differentiate them for gameplay purposes.

Post by Alter »

Well your fan-fic is great, though sequel to chc waits :P
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

The Hexen Mod's progress continues as I add the Mecha's Anti-Tank Rifle (super weapon, replaces the final weapon piece) and as I figure out how to add one last weapon, in the form of a Special Weapon crate that replaces the Banishment Device.

The latest version of the hexen mod can be downloaded at
http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... -hexen.rar

And I also finished up Part 4 of "A Turnabout for the Holidays", which sees the Judge drinking far too much coffee.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

After a grand silence, I have finally returned to work on Cola 2 and the hexen Mod.

http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... -hexen.rar
http://armory.drdteam.org/wwmods/inprog ... -cola2.rar

The Hexen Mod was updated to include Agent Zero's new Swarmer launcher, an incomplete version of the BAR for the Mini Mod guy, and a couple new weapons for the Mecha.

Cola 2 now contains fists, the F2000 rifle, a complete design document within the wad file, and the P90 was moved to Slot 2 and spawns in place of the Chainsaw.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Great to see you back, Wease. :D
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Unknown fire label FireF2.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Use GZDoom. Basic ZDoom doesn't support custom state labels yet.
hitmanx

Post by hitmanx »

these are good :D

loved seeing non goldeneye style reloading in ww-hexen ;)
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Alright, is there a way to use screen fades in decorate weapons? I have a weapon that should flash the screen to complete white for one second before fading back to the normal view. I've looked through the Wiki and found absolutely nothing (except FadeTo, which won't work in decorate). Any help?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Sadly, I don't know. My only suggestion is maybe to make a 320x200 white box and have that flash on screen during the weapon's flash state if it's not possible to use screen fades. Pretty hackish solution, really. Does Decorate support weapon transparency like EDGE?
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Figured it out - A_SetBlend, for future reference.

New beta uploaded - same link as always. Added the pickup for the F2000, as well as the first two levels of Experimental Weapon #4425 - the third level is still being worked on.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

You're all in for a surprise, with a huge update to Mr. Cola 2. Same link as usual.

Updates since last version:

- Exp. Weapon #4425 now has its third power level. It's great for groups of monsters, but for single targets, it'd be better to use other weapons, as this thing really wastes ammo.
- Added the Swarmer Autorifle - launches homing plasma swarmers. Level 1 only fires a single bolt, but the next two levels add an additional pair of plasma swarmers that will home in on whatever target you're aiming at.
- Added the Midgrais SMD Mk.II Mass Driver, replacing the Super Shotgun. Uses 3 shells per shot and is only slightly more powerful than the original SSG, and takes forever to charge - but powered up, it's very powerful. (I had a hard time conveying how powerful it is in game though - it barely kicks back, and the weapon still "feels" weak) Level 3 takes 6 shells to fire - this is intended!
- Adjusted the PSHT - it now fires slower and is a bit weaker. I want the player to use something other than the shotguns.

I only need to replace the rocket launcher, and it'll be another homage to a previous weapon of mine (after the SMD Mk.II, I'm drawing another one from doomos.wad - guess which one it is and you get a cookie).
Chronoteeth

Post by Chronoteeth »

Why does a shell based weapon have a blue muzzle flash? Just curious.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

This is a mod about a man who can mysteriously make his weapons more powerful by drinking cola. I figured a blue muzzle flash would be less absurd than the concept of this mod =P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm guessing either the dual railguns or the mercury gun.

Return to “Development Journals”