[no] Stun frames for enemies; +STUN

Moderator: Graf Zahl

Inuyasha_989

[no] Stun frames for enemies; +STUN

Post by Inuyasha_989 »

As stated here: http://forum.zdoom.org/potato.php?t=8028

Is it possible to add those frames for enemies (not preloaded ones, just compatibility for them, and we add them ourselves) and +STUN for weapons?

(+STUN giving the weapons shot a some-odd percent chance of stunning an enemy)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

I guess you'll just have to wait for custom pain/death states before you can have this. Seems a bit too picky and I don't think many would use it.
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Exactly. THe upcoming custom pain state feature is perfectly capable of handling this so all depends on Randy (again. ;))
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Graf Zahl wrote:Exactly. THe upcoming custom pain state feature is perfectly capable of handling this so all depends on Randy (again. ;))
But I thought you were the decorate master?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Randy has already done it for 2.1.0. In other words, I have to wait for its release because otherwise I'd end up rewriting code that Randy has to rewrite/integrate anyway. Besides, the fp_test from 2 months ago which is the only newer source I got is still a little too unstable (and DECORATE in it is somewhat broken because Randy removed a feature without thinking about the consequences.)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Graf Zahl wrote:Randy has already done it for 2.1.0. In other words, I have to wait for its release because otherwise I'd end up rewriting code that Randy has to rewrite/integrate anyway. Besides, the fp_test from 2 months ago which is the only newer source I got is still a little too unstable (and DECORATE in it is somewhat broken because Randy removed a feature without thinking about the consequences.)
Bah. It would seem most of GZdoom's features are in Randy's hands still. Tis a pity he can't find time to communicate with you a little more and share code :( . Which feature was removed?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Setting a state to NULL or to something from a parent, like:

Melee 0

Death parent Death+6

If the current ZDoom update wasn't that extensive I wouldn't bother anymore. Randy's development style is completely counterproductive for anyone depending on him and I think I'd be better off to develop the features myself and then post them on the ZDoom forum. At least then I'd get things done instead of waiting endlessly.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

But then others would moan about features being in zdoom and not Gzdoom. Waiting for every update is endless battle I say you just carry on with your own thing after the next version cause from what i've seen, all this waiting is what makes communities die.
Soultaker

Post by Soultaker »

Graf I say pull a Carn and just keep on developing. Carn will never stop working on Skull Tag just because Randy is a little slow with updates. If he did that then Skull Tag would die.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

That only happens since Skulltag is miles behind ZDoom versions anyway.
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Graf Zahl wrote:Setting a state to NULL or to something from a parent, like:

Melee 0

Death parent Death+6
:shock:

Why in the name of reason did he remove that!?
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Apparently because he wasn't thinking when he did it. ;)

Seriously though, when rewriting the state parser he somehow seemed to consider them obsolete but since there are WADs that use these commands it has to be put back in.

Return to “Closed Feature Suggestions”