Hexen 2 Models in Doom 2!

General discussion about DRD & website stuff.
The Spartan

Hexen 2 Models in Doom 2!

Post by The Spartan »

Hi guys, i'm new in this community, so to introduce myself i'd like to show you something i've made on my own. :bfg:
Working on a specific project, i was looking for some models to use... So i found some from hexen 2... It was quite easy to take them from the game, but not so much to program 'em... :D

Here's the video... Tell me what you think about it. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q39r3TB1X2o
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Hexen 2 Models in Doom 2!

Post by Rachael »

Well it looks interesting. I admit I had pretty low expectations with how that was handled but it looks like you actually went through and meticulously corrected the animations so they would feel and stay true to their originals.

I'm impressed that you got them to work as well as you did. I don't think anyone has gotten H2 models to work that seamlessly in the game before ... but then again I don't always pay attention to WIP projects over at Doomworld anyways. :P

Good job.
The Spartan

Post by The Spartan »

Thank you! :)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Very nice work!

I wonder if the weaker archers should shoot their arrows faster; it might make them more formidable, and allow them to be used as a threatening enemy even without being placed in a map in large numbers.

I love the effect when being hit by one of the arrows of the stronger archers. I particularly liked the scripted teleporting to the platform with the final strong archer (around 2:00 minutes into the video), but of course that's outside of your modeling efforts. Still, very clever.

Return to “General”