Startup videos?

Advanced Wolfenstein 3D source port based upon Wolf4SDL and ZDoom.
[Home] [Download] [HG builds (Win)] [HG builds (Mac)] [Wiki] [Repo]

Moderator: Blzut3

Nokiaman

Startup videos?

Post by Nokiaman »

I saw the PSX Doom mod used some sort of trick with making the PSX logo video separate .PNG images with .OGG sound overlayed.
Is this possible in ECWolf?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Re: Startup videos?

Post by Blzut3 »

The best you can do at this point is to modify the demo loop. With that you can fade an image in/out and play your ogg as the music. Anything more flexible will have to wait, although eventually ECWolf will have movie playback support like Blake Stone and Operation Body Count.
Nokiaman

Post by Nokiaman »

Oh in that case I'll wait for the video support. What formats will be supported so I can prep the videos?
Blzut3
Developer
Developer

Post by Blzut3 »

The blake stone anim format will be the first supported. Use Blake Stone Animation Studio to make them: http://winwolf3d.dugtrio17.com/

IIRC Operation Body Count uses FLIC. Once that support is done depending on how the animation system works then GIF, APNG, and WebM (VP8/9 and maybe in the future Daala are the only true video codecs I have interest in) may be supported. If there any video codecs good for indexed 8-bit content I'd like to know about them.
Nokiaman

Post by Nokiaman »

Great! This will be another step for that 3DO authenticity I'm going for. Literally can't wait for all this stuff :)
Even though I can't convert the videos directly since they are in some odd format (.cine) I found them in some other games.
WebM seems ideal for my usage.

Return to “ECWolf”