Several Hostees gone

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Several Hostees gone

Post by Paul »

After some debating DRD dudes (us) decided that sites that weren't updated over a decent period of time are going to be removed from the hosted sites area. What is more, DRD Team did warn the sites' owners of the situation. In the result we were forced to remove some hosted sites as simply putting-it was a waste of space, without any real content or sense of being an active site. They include:
  • apothem.drdteam.org
  • killingblair.drdteam.org
  • kingofflames.drdteam.org
  • solarsnowfall.drdteam.org
  • lexusalyus.drdteam.org
It's important that I add that once the sites' chiefs will have some proper content for the next update, it will be reconsidered to bring them back to the list ;) for now, the list has been trimmed.

I'm also sad to announce that it appears Lexus Alyus won't be with us anymore. As far as I recall, his absence and the feeling of his last posts (and mails we exchanged. I'm talking for myself here) apperently the man isn't going to return to the Doom Community. A triple sadness, because of his "Community quitting project" (no idea wether it was related to ROTGS2 or not..) because of a loss of a really great musician, and a loss of a really cool person. Therefor Damian was removed from the DRD Team list. :(
ellmo
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by ellmo »

Indeed some bad news about Damian, but... people come and go. Sad thing we lost one of our brothers, on the other hand I wish him good luck and all the best in whatever he's doing now.

Bye Lexus... I won't stop hoping to see you back in some loong time.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

Yes, Damian/Lexus is a loss to the community for all the reasons Paul stated, and more. I don't suppose he'll see this, but I wish him luck anyway.
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Been trying to update my site, but for some reason, Smart FTP won't lemme log in anymore. That and my laptop has been giving me shit for the past month, so it hasn't been of much use past checking email and forums. :?
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

"Deleted" means deleted, completely, with ftp account. First show us something and then you can have your account back ;)
killingblair

Post by killingblair »

Everything was deleted? All the files?

Man, that sucks. :( Well, I guess I should have backed up my site. :(
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

Grubber wrote:"Deleted" means deleted, completely, with ftp account. First show us something and then you can have your account back ;)
Oh so you mean create a fresh site with some updates and make some new stuff and then you'll lemme get fresh access?
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Right.

Return to “News”