This got too serious

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Bouncy
Location: Somewhere in an arctic region. wait. no. just Michigan.

Post by Bouncy »

yeah..since I actually was really trying to help, just got caught in bad conditions repeatedly...:(:(

still though...this sucks..when I got the email on this, I almost cried.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Sucks that this got cancelled, it was looking pretty good.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Wait.WTF

I'm almost sorry to say this, but this just pisses me off. He stopped because team members lost interest? I've spent nearly three years on one wad, ONE WAD that no longer has any working team mebmers except myself, and no matter how many times I miss the damn deadline, I still work on it, regardless. I try every so often to get help, but if that doesn't work, it still won't slow me down. Just because people lose a lack of interest in something that you really wanted to pull off does NOT mean you should give up hope on it and casually throw it away. It shouldn't even have to be for the people that you work on this mod, it should be for yourself, because YOU want to see it get done. If you can't do that, then give it to SOMEONE ELSE WHO CAN.

I'm sorry, I had to get my thoughts out. I'll be heading to class now.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

That's actually a good point kirbs. All you ever get in the ZHalloween thread is "it's halloween in x days" comments.
smg m7

Post by smg m7 »

Indeed, and I don't know if my two months of effort are what you would call "losing interest." I tried to keep up to date, though I'm not able to get into the IRC chat much at all. I still hosted the damn forums, and nobody ever used them. I suppose I was just unlucky to have finished my second assignment as soon as SA decided to can it and not give me something else to do.

Ah well, no point being bitter. I've still got the stuff on my HD.
Risen

Post by Risen »

That's odd. I know many people who are interested, and offered to help at some point or another. I offered to do help, but was never actually approached to do so.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

Well it would seem that he did not see it that way. I only wish he had talked to other people about it before he made his final decision to quit at it. If anything, I hope he at least tries to pass it on to someone else who could keep the project running so that the hungry ZDoomwers could see it finished (AGAINl, they shouldn't be the reason you wan to finish it anyways)
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Risen wrote:That's odd. I know many people who are interested, and offered to help at some point or another. I offered to do help, but was never actually approached to do so.
Ditto. I wonder what the issue really was.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

I wonder why they cancelled it at all? I mean why? Couldn't they have just finish it without additional help? Massive HD crash? Leakage (after last events everything is possible). I just don't get it.

We'd like to ask Mr. Arnold onto the stage for explainage.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Leakage? If that's the case i'd rather see the unfinished leak than just letting it die.

Post by Alter »

Maybe there is coming also RL problem? i haven't seen sir_alien for long time now here and on DW since october and even if it's about lazy people why he didn't fire them and hire new ones?
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Image "Hmm"

Post by Alter »

Cutmanmike wrote:Image "Hmm"
It's my avatar from old game from 13-14 years ago called sonic wings 3 :P we will never know true reason until we get here sir_alien by force :lol:
Nash
Developer
Developer

Post by Nash »

Sir_Alien wrote:Hey mate,

Good timing I must say. I cancelled the project this week. Things were just getting too difficult, progress had slowed to a halt and I saw it dragging on for the next two years, and the next two years I have to remain focused on uni and my RL projects.

So yeah, I canned it. I'm not going to bother announcing it to the community, because that will open up a can of worms I'm not interested in dealing with at this point. But Grubber should be taking down the website and forums over at DRD soon, so I guess people will figure it out then.

Thanks for dropping me a line tho. It's quite a disappointing state of affairs, and believe me it was a hard decision to make, but unfortunately it was a necessary one.

Anyway, how's things going with Rebirth? Now there's a project I'm definately looking forward to! ;)

Cheers,
Andrew.
A PM he sent me one day before this thread was created.
Cutmanmike

Post by Cutmanmike »

Hmm. Still I see no reason to not release the source.

Return to “News”