Knee deep in DRD

Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Knee deep in DRD

Post by Paul »

Time has come to post up a news line informing all you folks that the site for Tormentor and friends' (in)famous project Knee-Deep in Zdoom aka KDIZD has moved to the drdteam.org portal. I'll add to the top of it that their site is (finally) finished and ready for its contents to be viewed by the masses.

For those who have been living under a rock for the last 2.5 years, KDIZD is a modification for Doom "enhancing" the good ol Knee-Deep in Dead episode 1 for Doom 1. This project (copied and pasted from their site because I'm lazy) features such:
  • Adventure through all 9 reinterpreted Episode 1 maps
  • Explore additional map content including basements, outdoors, and beyond
  • Become immersed in the environment sporting a full compliment of new textures, ambient sounds, and interactive objects
  • Relive the suspense of encountering new monsters for the first time
  • Unleash the power of an extended arsenal
  • Track your progress and performance with interactive statistics
  • Attack each scenario alone or with up to seven cooperative partners
  • Uncover additional features and hidden surprises
The project is .. I dunno how far it is from being finished, considering the deadline has been announced and then pushed further in time for like 4 times now, but believable sources informed me it's in its final stages. Final beta testing stages that is. Release is scheduled for this summer. Lets hope the team makes it before something bad happens, like another leak ;) . Jokes aside, this is one project to look forward too in my opinion.

Head over to the very site now and enjoy screenies and information. Check out the authors section. This project involved more people than several other community chests out there.

Relive Phobos, or something.

Offtopic - if you wish to play those leaks go ahead and look for them somewhere. I won't provide the url. I'm lazy. Plus I don't have a solar system model in my bedroom.

Post by Alter »

You're a few days too late MR. ANDERSON and i don't have a solar system model in my bedroom too that explains why i'm so fucking lazy! :lol: jokes aside i'm looking forward to it though it's taking WAY TOO LONG... i hope it doesn't end like mordeth E2
Dutch Devil

Post by Dutch Devil »

Very very very very nice architecture too bad those thumbnails aren't clickable and have those weird colors but it does look nice with the rest of the site.

I am looking forward to re-live the DooM experience all over again but with an complete new look and upgraded gameplay :p

Excellent job on the maps the look so freaking sweet it has taken an while to get this far but its close to an release now :)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Don't relive Phobos! Relive Phobus! ;)

However, the wad is fun, I can confirm that, and it also is looking very near being complete to me (but of course, I'd have released this wad a long time ago, with nowhere near as much polish, because I'm lazy)
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

That's good to hear, because I look forward to playing this in SP and in co-op with some friends of mine. :)
Cacodemon_Meatwad

Re: Knee deep in DRD

Post by Cacodemon_Meatwad »

I'm completely new to these forums, but not new to doom.
I downloaded this KDIZD but I was wondering if there was a way to just play the maps?
I don't want to use original weapons that it already supplies. I just want the maps by themselves.
umm.... sig.... right here...
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Re: Knee deep in DRD

Post by wildweasel »

Cacodemon_Meatwad wrote:I'm completely new to these forums, but not new to doom.
I downloaded this KDIZD but I was wondering if there was a way to just play the maps?
I don't want to use original weapons that it already supplies. I just want the maps by themselves.
Nope, sorry - if you want to play without the new weapons, you're going to have to edit the entire thing.

Also, welcome to the forums, and next time please just start a new thread instead of bumping a two-year-old news post.

Return to “News”