Main drdteam.org news.
[Home] [Hosted & External Links]
Rachael
Developer
Developer

QZDoom - Version 1.0 released!

Post by Rachael »

This is the newest release for QZDoom!

Mostly, it's a stability and fixes release, fixing a few bugs encountered since 0.1 and also prevents certain read access violations from crashing the game.

Another reason for this release, however, also, is the pending ZScript merge coming. We figured that the ZDoom code base is not going to be any more stable than it is now for a couple of weeks to months, at least, so this was as good a time as any to put this out before that happens.

Also included, obviously, are the latest ZDoom and GZDoom improvements and fixes that have occurred since the 0.1 release.

Enjoy!

32-bit Windows
64-bit Windows
Macintosh (Courtesy of _mental_ and Blzut3 - thanks again!)
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: QZDoom - Version 1.0 released!

Post by Enjay »

Although personally I'm very much sold on OpenGL rendering for Doom, this is a very nice project. It seems to be working very well and provides a port that does what many Doomers have wanted for a long time. Obviously I wasn't around for much of its development but, reading the threads, clearly a lot of work has gone in to it and it's had spin-off benefits for the parent ports too. Great stuff. :D
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: QZDoom - Version 1.0 released!

Post by Rachael »

You probably have seen the back-and-forths between Graf and dpJudas, I'm guessing, based on that reply. :P

Yes - QZDoom has directly benefitted ZDoom development in a number of ways, and is also a bit of a "testing bed" for certain GZDoom features too (such as SSAO). Personally I am hoping the SSAO branch gets merged soon as it's more or less complete, at this point, but that's up to Graf and dpJudas, I suppose.

QZDoom in its infant stages (before it got named QZDoom, I was just testing the true-color branch) was how mirrors in ZDoom got fixed. I was playing Unloved and the mirrors were off in that mod. I guess everything else kind of just happened since. Originally I never intended to create a source port but as time went on I began to saw the need and the niche that it would fill.

Return to “News”