Happy New Year!
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 17:00
To celebrate the new year, both GZDoom 2.3.0 and QZDoom 1.2.0 have been released!
- First version with official ZScript support.
- Proper rendering processing of large actors
- Improved IWAD picker, allowing to choose the active renderer, or autoloading lights and brightmaps.
- Multithreaded software rendering
- Some improvements to the console
- Fixed the pitch issues that were warned about for 2.2.0.
- (OpenGL only) Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO) for the OpenGL renderer, written by dpJudas
- (OpenGL only) UDMF-configurable fog density per sector
- (OpenGL only) Glowing flats settable through UDMF
- (OpenGL only) Proper dynamic light definitions for Freedoom.
- (QZDoom only) Software renderer is now compiled into the executable directly. This shortens startup times.
- (QZDoom only) First official version that runs on Windows XP. Note that XP is still not officially supported.