ZTerrain suggestion

General GrubberSoft discussion. [Home]

Moderator: grubber

justin023

ZTerrain suggestion

Post by justin023 »

Would it be possible to have a feature that would automatically merge sectors of the same floor/ceilling height with no slope? That would be sweet.
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

That should be done also for sloped sectors too, but first I must rewrite the code to something more flexible :? (what I'm currently not going to).
justin023

Post by justin023 »

Oh well, manually merging works too. I don't see how the sloped sectors could be merged though :? I was thinking of making an interface for this thing cause dos blows when you have to retype 1000 things. Even using up/down at the prompt still annoys me. It would be similar to my doom engine launcher. Also, I can't say how awesome this thing is.
NecroMage

Post by NecroMage »

Grubber wrote:That should be done also for sloped sectors too, but first I must rewrite the code to something more flexible :? (what I'm currently not going to).
Is there any chance we can get the source code then?

edit: plz, plz plz, plz plz :D :P :D :wink:
grubber
Site Founder

Post by grubber »

Sure, but first I have to clean it up...it's kinda messy now (you know, people would laugh at me ;)).
NecroMage

Post by NecroMage »

awww, i wouldn't laugh but i am patient man so i can wait :D
Disciple-X

Post by Disciple-X »

I am loving this program so far. It is very impressive (downright jaw dropping actually). I do have a suggestion though... it may have already been mentioned somewhere, but I did not see it when I was browsing this forum. Perhaps the program should set slope values using linedefs instead of things? Though the things are invisble, I know that a multitude of map things can degrade performance pretty badly (especially when the things are used to produce large scale terrain). Aside from this, map makers in the online Co-op and DM world would have some serious lag issues with their maps. Setting slope values through linedefs may produce faster performance all around and also remedy lag issues in certain online-playable maps.
Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by Paul »

I'm all for optimising this beatiful util so it auto-merges sectors. State of art. No, I'm not exaggarating ;)
jengelh

Post by jengelh »

Grubber wrote:Sure, but first I have to clean it up...it's kinda messy now (you know, people would laugh at me ;)).
Better than hating you because of having it not released :P

I really can't laugh when I see messy code - gotta fix it anyhow.
And to say the least, there are worse programs out there in the world.
Jimmy
Stronghold Team

Post by Jimmy »

justin023 wrote:automatically merge sectors of the same floor/ceilling height with no slope
I would love for this. Plz do it, Grubber. :wink:

Return to “GrubberSoft”