... and she's off!

Moderator: Paul

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

... and she's off!

Post by Paul »

My site is finally here... :D

Updated art, music and games, so head over there. I'll be uploading more stuff over the next couple weeks or so, so stay tuned.

Make yourself comfortable... :shodan: (lol away from Doom for 6 years and I haven't changed a bit)

EDIT: Aw man, I nearly forgot to thank Eruanna for letting me back into DRDteam's domain after I've been away for so long and not writing even once. Thanks a bunch! <3 <3

EDIT 2: If you're browsing the forums, click here to go to my site:
http://paul.drdteam.org/
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Re: ... and she's off!

Post by Rex Claussen »

And you nearly forgot to link to your site ;)

Paul's site
Paul

Post by Paul »

Uh? :o
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Rex Claussen wrote:And you nearly forgot to link to your site ;)

Paul's site
The post was intended to be viewed from that very link. ;)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Eruanna wrote:The post was intended to be viewed from that very link. ;)
Where? There's no link on his post, nor anywhere on his signature. In fact, I had to read through the separate thread that you started before I could get the link.

Anyhoo, no big deal.

[EDIT: And I also saw the link on the News page, but I rarely go there so I would have missed it unless it posted on the forums as well.]
Paul

Post by Paul »

Oh, I get it now. A link in my post. Ok :)
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

More on topic..... Wow! Cool design for the site. Plus, some cool music you've got there.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Rex Claussen wrote:Where? There's no link on his post, nor anywhere on his signature. In fact, I had to read through the separate thread that you started before I could get the link.
What I meant was, the site automatically replicates all his thread-topper posts from this forum to the front page of his site, similar to how many other hostee sites and how ZDoom's news page works.

In the front page of the site, you obviously don't need the link, because you're already there.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Eruanna wrote:...the site automatically replicates all his thread-topper posts from this forum to the front page of his site.... In the front page of the site, you obviously don't need the link, because you're already there.
Ah, now it's my turn to get what was said; I understand now. I didn't realize that the two sites were linked in this way.

Does this mean that, if I set it up properly, I could post an item of news on these forums and it would automatically create an update on DooM Nexus? Vastly more people check the news here, as compared to DooM Nexus, and having the news posted here would provide more exposure.

[Paul, sorry that I've unintentionally derailed this thread. I can create a new thread if there are going to be further discussions on my question.]
Paul

Post by Paul »

Nah it's ok ;)
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Rex Claussen wrote:Does this mean that, if I set it up properly, I could post an item of news on these forums and it would automatically create an update on DooM Nexus? Vastly more people check the news here, as compared to DooM Nexus, and having the news posted here would provide more exposure.
It would take a bit of work but it could be set up that way. You already have a template in place, you would need nothing more than the code.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Bumpage. Not exactly certain if anyone's interested, but I should update my site in like next week. Just got my summer holidays, and with it... more work :(

Return to “News”