Busy times

Moderator: Paul

Paul
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Busy times

Post by Paul »

Howdy!

October sure's been a busy month for me now that I've returned to High School. Living on my own, I often draw/paint the thunders out of canvases as days go by. This month blazed pass me so fast that I feel as if it just began.. There were some happy moments, but there were also some extremely sad ones, but fortunately art kept my crap mood at bay most of the time.

I've uploaded some drawings and paintings to the art section, including some anatomy studies. There's also some stuff I decided not to show, like drawings done at school, because they are somewhat experimental in nature, I'm trying various "schizy" techniques such as scraping out a layer of pastels with a knife to reveal the underlaying white paper which acts as the lighting. Don't get me wrong, they are of great value for my improvement as an artist, but if I was asked if they hold any aesthetical value, which is very important for me, I'd say - next to none! I'm pretty sure this'd upset my educators, which seem to favor such stuff ;)

Enjoy!

Oh yeah, since it is October 29th I want to salute with all my heart to a great man and that is Bob Ross, sadly no longer among us. With his paintings and videos I developped a new passion for oil paintings, which I used to dislike in the past. Some of my paintings I've painted along with Bob, watching his videos. I encourage everyone, even those who think of themselves as totally rid of artistic talent, to try painting a piece or two following Bob's Joy of Painting, and experience the tremendous joy themselves!
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Busy times

Post by Rachael »

Yeah, this fall semester has been exceptionally busy for me, too. There's a few kids in my class who make the class go by exceptionally slow because they are, erm, impeded? I think the term is? ... maybe?... anyway, it results in the instructor moving at an extremely slow pace, and I end up with a lot of homework, which is very stressful for me.
Paul

Post by Paul »

I know what you're saying, partially that is.
My class is composed out of people who don't really care, and while this semester it doesn't really affect the teaching pace as the subject amount is limited and they are mostly freelance type, meaning the teacher doesn't have to show everything to everyone and how to do it, like drawing, a year back my IT teacher had a really hard time because most of the time half of the group was absent (like I said, they don't care much it seems) and everytime a new face appeared he had to go back in material and show the new people who did come to his lessons everything that was already shown a week ago. I think it must've been frustrating for him. For sure I know it was frustrating for me!

Cheer up tho, Xmas is coming soon, we'll reload our bateries then ;)

Post by Alter »

Might as well throw in 5 cents in here about a fall semester, well there's a lot to say. But as a reminder, it's my first CS College semester so things tend to be easy for now, I'm gonna get busy starting second semester when they will throw in dedicated physics/maths for us, that is why i'm trying to finish the mod (Soulcrusher) i'm working on ASAP because starting March next year, i'll be a really busy man.

On the positive side however I am in a group full of good people who are willing to learn and proceed forward. No one is a jackass, moron or any of those kinds, everyone cooperates nicely because we know we are screwed without cooperation. Right reminds me, I have deadline of January 19 to finish designing a room in 3DS Max 2010, considering I worked heavily with AutoCAD before and the interface is similiar, it should be pretty easy as long as I spend say 2 hours daily on it except weekends. So things have been great for me so far as I made a bunch of new friends, who will help me out and i'll help them out as well.

So good luck to everyone who's studying right now, like Paul said, we'll be fully ready for the next year when the Xmas comes ;).

PS. I'll probably post a public RC testing thread of Soulcrusher in next 7 to 21 days. The final version won't be any different than RC due bugfixes, so pretty much it will be beatable fully from start to end.

Post by Alter »

Hey Paul (I can't for some reason send you a PM I get a bunch of PHP errors) now that Soulcrusher is basically out (final version although without minor bugfixes) could you find some try to play through it like a casual player? Link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2m2vk28mem3d868
Paul

Post by Paul »

Thanks. Downloading now.

Next time send me a mail ;)

100 megs.. there goes my transfer limit :(

Return to “News”