Any tips on getting the file sharing site to work?

Discuss the site itself, as well as what you've shared that you'd like to make others aware of! [Home]
kbxkbx10

Any tips on getting the file sharing site to work?

Post by kbxkbx10 »

Hi all! I'm new here, but have been lurking for some time. I'm slowly working on a port with some cool features.
I absolutely cannot get the file sharing site to work for me! Many Doomworld and ZDoom threads point to files on files.drdteam.org, and when I click on them, the resultant page shows "DOWNLOAD FILE" with a down-arrow link, a "File details" link, and a "Show more" link, none of which seem to be functional.

At the bottom, a text label states "Download Here", and "Please Wait 0 more second(s) to download", without an obvious link.

I'm using XP SP3. Here's some of the things I have tried:
* IE7: Reports "Done, but with errors on the page". 3 errors are listed on various source code lines of the HTML page. I traced these errors to Javascript lines that start with "$(document)."
* FireFox 3.5.7: Same as IE7, but without reporting the errors.
* Uninstall and reinstall of Java Runtime JRE 1.6_020.
* Cleared cache
* Tried to "find" direct links to the files
* Naviagted to the root page: files.drdteam.org. This returns the following error:
"XtraUpload requires you have version 8 (or higher) of the Flash plugin installed. Click here to install the latest version of the Flash plugin."
* Followed the link and installed Flash v10.

Has anyone had the same experience? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
Virtue

Re: Any tips on getting the file sharing site to work?

Post by Virtue »

OMG! your the first person whos having the same problem as me, although I seem to be able to get it working on Firefox, however I mostly use IE so it is an inconvenience. I reported this error on the Zdoom forums but no one had the same problem.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Re: Any tips on getting the file sharing site to work?

Post by Rachael »

Internet Explorer is *NOT* supported.

I provide little more than minor compatibility support for it, but since I did not write the file-sharing script, it's pretty much moot for me.

If it works, great, if not, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it...

Return to “File Sharing Site”