Can't register?

Discuss the site itself, as well as what you've shared that you'd like to make others aware of! [Home]
Nash
Developer
Developer

Can't register?

Post by Nash »

The Captcha thing in the registration page doesn't seem to be working, it doesn't print anything, so it's impossible for new users to register.
Nero

Re: Can't register?

Post by Nero »

I hate to necrobump this. I have the same problem. In Chrome, which I generally use all the time I was able to see just the top portion of either a 2 or a 3. In Firefox, same result. I'm not ready to upload anything, but I'd still like to make an account for when I do.
"It's kinda like being a hamster."
"Oh...got it."
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Unfortunately, we do not know how to fix this.

The official xtraupload forums aren't very helpful either.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Actually, how about now? I found that the place for the captcha's height is set in system/application/helpers/captcha_helper.php, and that all the other places where it's set (system/plugins/captcha_pi.php, system/application/controllers/api/captcha.php, etc.) are apparently decoys to lure the unwary -- you can set whatever values you want, they'll be ignored.

I still have no idea where the width is set, though; so I hope there will not be a new problem where the characters move to the side. Changing the width in captcha_helper.php doesn't have any outcome (and indeed, the value I found set there does not correspond to what's used in the image).
Nero

Post by Nero »

Thanks Gez! That worked and width doesn't seem to be a problem.
"It's kinda like being a hamster."
"Oh...got it."

Return to “File Sharing Site”