KillBot!

Talk about our & your projects.

Because of the way A_MonsterRail works, the rail can only be fired from the center.

Poll ended at Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:24

Should the rail attack be removed, and a new attack assigned?
33%
Should it be left to fire rails from its face, and have an alternate attack for the shoulder cannon?
50%
Fine as is?
17%

Total votes: 6

solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

Frozen to death eh? I think +NoIceDeath should take care of that. Is there going to be an ice gun in ZDCMP2?
DomRem

Post by DomRem »

I believe the blue keycard (one of those secret weapons) freezes enemies.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Regarding the railgun: Change the shoulder cannons into a moderately fast Ripper projectile that has a long trail.
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

wildweasel wrote:Regarding the railgun: Change the shoulder cannons into a moderately fast Ripper projectile that has a long trail.
I did actually do something just like that. I used it for the short range "sonic" attack. That would be the gun right next to its head, when I refer to the shoulder cannon. It does need a better sound effect though I think...
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

It still doesn't have death sprites, but I know full well about the pains of spriting, and won't complain.

I haven't noticed much of it's crippled phase, though I've killed it once or twice now...

I'm wondering, when it is finally finished, will it be such a big surprise? I mean, it's been up for download and the like, so non-project members are basically spoiling it for themselves if they look into it, but then again, their input is very useful as well...
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

To be honest, I made this thread out of a bit of frustration of not getting much feedback from the ZDCMP2 folks. Granted it is just a monster, it's more complicated than anything I've ever seen done in decorate, and it is being made specially for the project. I did however seem to get some attention the last time I made a stink. The truth is, once I've completed this thing, It's going in that monster collection I've been working on. And if ZDCMP2 isn't finished by the time that wad is, it's going to be "officially" released via the other project.

Then I'm going to look into making a playable map using as many of these monsters as I can, possibly for Graf's port. Time will tell.

On a similar note, the same can be said about the entire ZDCMP2 project. No surprises for anyone who's been watching closely, you can download the resources and the map from the forum page. I think once I've got this thing finished, I may request of Grubber, or whomever is currently admin over the projects forum here, to remove both the Arch Heinous, and Kill Bot forum, so i can make a new one about my monster collection, since that really is the bigger project.

Unfortunately I had made a huge leap in progress in finishing up this project, but because of some record keeping errors with the local electric company, my power was cut off before I could save my work :( and I'll have to redo a lot of it. I've just got my power back, and man what a swealtering night it was last night. I guess I can't complain though, I could be living in New Orleans, or one of the other devastated cities of the Gulf Coast region.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

That is true, but in the end, I'd say less people are taking an interest in the ZDCMP2 than the Kilbot. That's not very good, is it? Especially seeing as I'd like to map now, but I don't know where I stand or anything ATM...
solarsnowfall
Persecution Complex

Post by solarsnowfall »

From where I stand, there's a lot of good stuff in that wad. It has a lot of potential. The only thing that bothers me is that some areas in the map are very well thought out and detailed, whereas others are very plain, and uninteresting. For the vast majority, it's looking great. And while I don't have any fabulous maps to my credit (unless you count some that don't exist anymore), I'd love to just give the whole thing a good going-through, and spice up a few areas with some (IMO) much needed detail.

Regaurding the crippled phase, I can see how it would be easy to miss. Comparatively it only occurs for a very short time, when looking at the whole health range of the monster. Eventually I'll give it more health, then make the health limit in the jump statement higher, so it's more noticable.

Return to “Projects”