Wow Dungeon Style Mod (needs a name)

Talk about our & your projects.
BlackFish

Wow Dungeon Style Mod (needs a name)

Post by BlackFish »

I got a little bored and decided to mess with Gzdoom's capabilities. Anyway I ended up starting a mod for Gzdoom that plans on emulating WoW style dungeons. The player has a choice of 5 classes (Warrior, Rogue, Shaman, Mage, Ranger). I plan on making 4 small maps that would take about an hour to complete in total. As you can probably guess, the first mapset is going to take place in an Orc Stronghold. If I can test it correctly, there may be some Co-Op!

(no the mod is not in 3rd person I just turned on Chase mode for kicks).

An earlier test shot..

http://max2.tradingsystems.net/waffles.png

Any ideas for a name? I plan on adding this to WIP once I get all the classes done and some map progress. I'm using Wow Model Viewer to make my png rips (yup, no pallete! just hires goodness).
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Nice job on the model rips. :)
BlackFish

Post by BlackFish »

http://max2.tradingsystems.net/art/lolwowdoom.jpg <- Update! (now with a mage and a rogue!)

I'll work on this thing alot more soon.
Zeg-Vok

Post by Zeg-Vok »

What, No Healers?
jallamann

Post by jallamann »

IMO the dungeon set 1 looks better and is more identificative (is that even a word?) to classes. And since tier sets or whatever require level 60/70 and 10000+ hours of h3rdc0ar gaming, I'd say any Doom project won't catch up with that :P
BlackFish

Post by BlackFish »

Zeg-Vok wrote:What, No Healers?
That would require alot of zdoom scripting, and I don't know how well that works for coop.

As for the set thing, I plan on having skins for characters so people can go wild.

Anyway I plan on working on this more in a few days since I have spring break soon. In the meantime, anybody want a small resource mod with Wow baddies? (could be anything, from human characters to raid bosses).

Return to “Projects”