dark-slayer-201

Re: RDDR: Has Evolved...

Post by dark-slayer-201 »

want some ut2k4 weapons in md5 format?
well, that depends if i am allowed to.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Thats ok, I've got special plans for the weapons, I want to have customisable weapons which the player can alter in game, like the upgrades in the new Wolfenstein but better, because especially after RDDR, I found that though having around 100 different weapons adds a lot to the game, it makes it quite annoying as you don't know what weapon to use and the player can become too powerful so I want to reduce the total amount of weapons while still providing a wide choice. If you've played Codename: Outbreak, the weapons a tiny bit like that.
ChupaReaper

Post by ChupaReaper »

Well a lot of progress has been done, with all these now working (i know the ticks and trites already work but I've had to do some tiny changes so that they'll work with the new weapons later)
Spoiler: Image
Also I've done the Vagary which is now a common enemy to fight rather than a boss so her healths shot down but her appearance in game will shoot up...
Spoiler: Image
ChupaReaper

DSDoom: v0.1 The RDDR Reboot Begins

Post by ChupaReaper »

With this being a reboot I've already got a load of stuff ready done, so for now it's a matter of shuffling things about and tidying up some of the RDDR mess, though it was quite organized so that makes life even easier.

Plans for v0.1 > v0.2:
  • Setup the new System pack with things reorganized:
    -Items need sorted.
    -Particles need to be sorted, I plan on upgrading these too.
    -Base files such as KeyConf, LockDefs, Fonts, etc need looked through.
  • Setup the new Textures pack:
    -Textures need to be more organized, some need to go and space needs to be prepared so new textures can be easily added.
    -Splashes and Terrains need to be looked over.
v0.2 Should have the basics for a test map to be made.

As for Requiem, I want to have some of the base elements setup first before I begin working on this project, these include:
-System Pack ready, else nothing will work at all.
-Textures Pack ready, new textures can be added when necessary.
-Ambience Pack sounds ready, it gets boring without good sounds, particle effects like fire and weather, etc will be added later on.
-Obstacle Pack ready, I already have a large selection of obstacles in md2/md3 format so they just need sorted, new stuff can be added on the go.
-Weapon Pack started, the basic weapons from RDDR will do most things early on in the game., the more important stuff can then be worked on when required.
-Demon Creature Pack started, Trites are the first thing encountered so I'll need them first, everything else can then be added on the go.
-Races Pack started, I will need the Human race started up with at least one playable character and a few friend characters with skins, both genders preferable.
-Spells may be included much later on so for now no plans are set for spells, I will hopefully have them working separate to weapons.
-Other Creature Packs and Race Packs wont be in Requiem, at least for now so no work here.
ChupaReaper

DSDoom v0.2: Textures and Core Files Ready

Post by ChupaReaper »

Another update, I've sorted out all of the textures having a nice new texture pack fully working. I've added a lot of modern interior textures such as plaster ceilings, wallpapers and other surfaces such as false kitchen tiling, kitchen bench textures, etc.
  • Ambient Pack needs redone.
    -Sounds need reorganized.
    -Special Effects need implemented.

Return to “Projects”