BlackMarsh for GZDoom: Now temporarily indefinitly suspended

Talk about our & your projects.
Drake Raider
Location: knee deep in the dead, the shores of hell, and the inferno, respectively.

BlackMarsh for GZDoom: Now temporarily indefinitly suspended

Post by Drake Raider »

I've finished the mod, with the exception of a few bugs, because of which I would suggest nobody play as the Crusader or Paladin. You will also have to bind the weapons to keys on your own, preferably keys that are not normally assigned to commands. The link is below. Download it, try to beat it, and tell me how you like it, please!

http://www.sendspace.com/file/nrglph
Last edited by Drake Raider on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:11, edited 1 time in total.
Drake Raider
Location: knee deep in the dead, the shores of hell, and the inferno, respectively.

Post by Drake Raider »

I think I've fixed every last bug. I would like feedback on this, so tell me how I did. Also I would like to see if there are any people willing to volunteer their services for a sequel, GZMazeara.

Download link is below:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/7syylu

Please respond!!!!
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

Nobody's interested in HeXen 2??

Post by Alter »

Don't worry dude, i'll play it later
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, dude, remember that this place isn't Slashdot - we don't live here, most of us can't check the forums every hour of every day.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Your enthusiasm and creativity is definitely appreciated here, and encouraged. It's the kind of thing that gets you recruited for projects. :) But please remember the comments of the last two posters above me.

Like them, I haven't had time to try anything lately because I'm busy doing repairs.
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

I will re-install Hexen and give GZBlackMarsh a shot. It may be a while, because of my other commitments.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

I won't be here to reply for the next two-three weeks, so just wait and when I get back, I'll post an update.
Tormentor667
Stronghold Team

Post by Tormentor667 »

Just downloading ... *waits for some minutes*

... okay, got it, now testing ... *opens ZDL and launches Hexen*

... done with it and I don't like it that much. The areas can be recognized as places from Hexen 2 but everything else doesn't work out. My suggestions would be to use Hexen 2 models instead, Hexen 2 textures and stuff and trying to replicate the first hub that way.
Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

Ultimately, I will have to agree with Tormentor. Your level definitely showed some effort, though.

There are programs out there that will convert H2 textures over, if nothing else to a .tga or .png format which can be imported with XWE or something. And GZDoom can handle the models and even the raw png textures.
Drake Raider

Post by Drake Raider »

I am only here temporarily, and I do not know when I will be able to get to a computer again. So expect the same results as my previous post.

SoulPriestess, thanks for the suggestion, but H2 usses .mdl, and GZDooM uses .md2 or .md3. I have tryed to convert using QuArK and Q2Modeler, but the ACTORs are still rendered as sprites. Any more suggestions, as well as the name of a graphics converter, seeing as all I have is QuArK when it comes to .pak storage and manipulation?
Rex Claussen
Developer
Developer

Post by Rex Claussen »

Drake Raider wrote:....H2 usses .mdl, and GZDooM uses .md2 or .md3. I have tryed to convert using QuArK and Q2Modeler, but the ACTORs are still rendered as sprites.
I have faced the same problem with actors in .mdl format. Read this post in the ZDooM forums to give you an idea of the amount of work involved in converting from .mdl to .md2.
Drake Raider

Re: BlackMarsh for GZDoom: FULL VERSION RELEASED!!!

Post by Drake Raider »

To be frank, I'm suprised this topic is still on the first page. My zHeXen project is the current main project. I if no-one has any complaints, I am declaring this if not dead, then at least indefinatly postponed. You have untill monday to object. If it is suspended,I will revive it after I complete my ZDooM 3 project on the zdoom forums.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

Drake Raider wrote:If no-one has any complaints, I am declaring this if not dead, then at least indefinatly postponed. You have untill monday to object.
It's your mod and your decision. Why do you put the choice into other people's hands? Modding is a hobby, not a job.
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

I completely agree with Gez.
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....

Return to “Projects”