Doom II: Purgatory

Talk about our & your projects.
PeskySaurus

Doom II: Purgatory

Post by PeskySaurus »

Well... I already had screenshots in the screenshot thread, but I guess I can talk a little about my .wad here. It is an 8+1 level .wad (the +1 is a secret level... like in Ultimate Doom), however it is being done on Doom II. It is designed to be played classic controls, as in, no mouselooking, jumping, or crouching. I mean if people WANT to play that way, that is their choice, I won't be including MAPINFO lines preventing them from doing so, but it will detract from the experience, as well as kill the difficultly level immensely. I'm also not using slanted floors or ceilings, as I at least want to retain some classic doom style. I am using a few ZDoom things though, like displaying the level name at the top upon entering a map (this is mainly out of necessity, stupid intermission screen wants a picture instead of a text string), and some colored lighting and fog. I will have 2 custom weapons, and one unique boss that my buddy will be doing the art for. And there you go. The story is about as bare as UD,DII,FD,D64, being that this time its a base on the asteroid Echion, and of course you end up in hell. Nothing special, just wanted to make some Doom campaign levels to play with my family and friends. Anyways, here's some WIP pictures (nothing is final, especially not that blotchy sky). Some of the areas aren't very detailed.. if anyone has some pointers to bring some of the dull hallways to life without using slopes and other such things, it would definitely be a helpful consideration:

(EDIT: Pictures removed cause that photobucket account no longer exists. I'll get more pictures up later, I've done some work on it anyway.)
Last edited by PeskySaurus on Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:27, edited 1 time in total.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
PeskySaurus

Re: Doom II: Purgatory

Post by PeskySaurus »

Not that anyone cares, but this project isn't dead. Work and real life (my practically fiancee leaving me and then I lost my job and have to find a new one) have made it hard to find time, but I've gotten nearly 30%+ of this entire project done since I last posted this. I'm about to finish Map 4 / 9 (8 + 1 secret level, but done in Doom II). If anyone gets bored and wants me to .rar up a latest build to help balance test and bug test or just give feedback, let me know.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

A nice sort of urban industrial tech feel you've got going on in some of those shots.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Rachael
Developer
Developer

Post by Rachael »

I am actually kinda curious how this project will turn out. I like what I see so far.
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

(Removed post because working on new version now, this one is irrelevant.)

Return to “Projects”