Doom 64 II The Rising

Talk about our & your projects.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Re: Doom 64 II The Rising

Post by Gez »

Then the file does not have the necessary lumps for it to be identified as a valid IWAD. You can use the one from Wolf 3D TC, it contains a "dummy" IWAD which is accepted.

Post by Alter »

Gez wrote:Then the file does not have the necessary lumps for it to be identified as a valid IWAD. You can use the one from Wolf 3D TC, it contains a "dummy" IWAD which is accepted.
Ok, big thanks. It will make my development much easier. Btw sniper109, didn't see you for a long time! Good to see this project running. Though I would prefer if this project was simply named "The Rising" it sounds much more interesting, that way.
Sniper 109

Post by Sniper 109 »

wildweasel wrote:
Sniper 109 wrote:this will be an Iwad too, so you won't need doom2 to run it.
Thus making it illegal.
Even without the Iwad tag it'd still be considered illegal, but almost every new wad out today has content taken from other games. Blood, duke nukem, doom3, halo or whatever. I don't see my wad being any less legit than some of these other wads.
Firebrand
Dev Builds Team

Post by Firebrand »

Didn't heard of this project before, I hope it turns out good ;).
I'm the ruler of the Fire Power.....
PeskySaurus

Post by PeskySaurus »

Er.. I'm using sound effects and music from Doom64/PSX Doom for my project ("Purgatory"), is that legal? I have his name under even the level credits that appear at the top of the map on entry, much less in the credits page. I don't see why it should be any different from using PC Doom II sound effects/music, but then again Aubrey Hodges didn't work for iD right? Midway or something... or independently contracted. Some shit. Anyways, Doom 64 is by far the greatest Doom game ever made IMO, so hopefully this project turns out awesome. I second the "The Rising" without the confusing number bit. I think that's why I prefer "Absolution" the original name Midway was gonna get Doom 64, when referring to the TC for PC.
"Maybe one day I can figure it out, till then I just put another cigarette out, pull up a chair, open a brew, sit on the porch, and do what I do..." -Rehab
Sniper 109

Post by Sniper 109 »

PeskySaurus wrote:Er.. I'm using sound effects and music from Doom64/PSX Doom for my project ("Purgatory"), is that legal? I have his name under even the level credits that appear at the top of the map on entry, much less in the credits page. I don't see why it should be any different from using PC Doom II sound effects/music, but then again Aubrey Hodges didn't work for iD right? Midway or something... or independently contracted. Some shit. Anyways, Doom 64 is by far the greatest Doom game ever made IMO, so hopefully this project turns out awesome. I second the "The Rising" without the confusing number bit. I think that's why I prefer "Absolution" the original name Midway was gonna get Doom 64, when referring to the TC for PC.
Its not really legal but no one would really care either. Infact the people at ID, Midway or whatever wouldn't even bother pressing charges against you. Anyway thanks for your support I hope you'll enjoy this wad!
AlysiumX

Post by AlysiumX »

Honestly, the legal thing is usually in there for the protection of the companies, more than likely there not going to track you down for using there resources in your wad files(mostly cause most of the resources are from older games anyway) Thus with releasing a wad like this, im sure id Software sending a cease and desist letter is pretty low on their list of priorities. Now if he was trying to sell it, im sure it would be a completely different story.
Gendo

Post by Gendo »

Strife Toons wrote:Image
the Stone Beast, from Blood, maybe slighty modified would be a very fitting new Boss, maybe the Alien King?
imo that would ruin it a lot, just like too many monsters imported from other games spoiled neodoom. imo it'd be cool to create doom64-like versions of monsters ommitted in the original d64 (chaingunner, archvile, etc), as well as some new ones that'd keep the looks of the original doom64 bestiary. but again, those are just my suggestions :)
Sniper 109

Post by Sniper 109 »

Gendo wrote:
Strife Toons wrote:Image
the Stone Beast, from Blood, maybe slighty modified would be a very fitting new Boss, maybe the Alien King?
imo that would ruin it a lot, just like too many monsters imported from other games spoiled neodoom. imo it'd be cool to create doom64-like versions of monsters ommitted in the original d64 (chaingunner, archvile, etc), as well as some new ones that'd keep the looks of the original doom64 bestiary. but again, those are just my suggestions :)
We've completed all the monsters. The unused slots were used for enemies like The nightmare imp, nightmare demon, the final boss, Arachnochainguner, and some other monster.

Return to “Projects”