doom - cube2 weapons mod

Talk about our & your projects.
mathey bu

doom - cube2 weapons mod

Post by mathey bu »

Authors:

Mathey bu : weapons, decorate, keyconf, gameinfo, mapinfo, ...

SnowFox; Decorate Designer and decorater ( special effects )

Requirments: no need open GL, you can play software without lose the graphic!

doom2.wad, you can download 100% LEGALLY THROUGH STEAM OR WHATEVER -ww

zdoom/gzdoom last version

and no noobs, beacuse it' difficult, just kidding :wink:

bugs: no one

only smooth sprites!

credits:

zdoom wiki - i love your job!

doomero - to help me with remap

cube2 - you know!

friends

screenshots:

[spoiler]Image

Image[/spoiler]

link:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/222382 ... ns_mod.zip

enjoy

monster maybe next time!
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Re: doom - cube2 weapons mod

Post by wildweasel »

I don't understand why you've cross-posted this on ZDoom, DRDTeam, and Doomworld - the userbase is almost the same between the three forums, especially DRD. Also, I took the liberty of editing a small portion of your post here (the same portion I edited at the ZDoom forums as a matter of fact). Don't ever encourage people to go get their Doom2.wad illegally!
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I'm a little mystified as to why this was done with sprites rather than models. Using models would have been quicker, easier, possibly required less coding and would probably have resulted in a much smaller file too.
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

hey enjay, i dont rip models, this is illegal, i rip sprites, shots are not illegal, and the format is png is png!

and some people has problem with open gl port, so playing in software dont crash the graphic!
Sniper 109

Post by Sniper 109 »

mathey bu wrote:hey enjay, i dont rip models, this is illegal, i rip sprites, shots are not illegal, and the format is png is png!

and some people has problem with open gl port, so playing in software dont crash the graphic!
If you were a true doomer the word "illegal" wouldn't be in your dictionary!
Anyway, I have to agree with enjay, it's a lot easier to rip models than to use Hi-Res Png sprites, it just saves size and animates a whole lot smoother with models. The only advantage with sprites is zdoom compatibility, but have fun watching your nice PNG sprites getting raped by doom's colour palette!
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

thx man!
Graf Zahl
GZDoom Developer
GZDoom Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Sniper 109 wrote:but have fun watching your nice PNG sprites getting raped by doom's colour palette!

Only on Linux. On Windows weapons are drawn in true color.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

Graf Zahl wrote:Only on Linux supported Direct3D hardware. On Windows a computer that isn't old and crap weapons are drawn in true color.
Slightly modified the above quote because it has more to do with D3D support than anything else. My poor old laptop with an S3 SavageIX video chipset doesn't run ZDoom in true-color mode, thus making the weapons look pretty terrible.
Gez
Developer
Developer

Post by Gez »

mathey bu wrote:hey enjay, i dont rip models, this is illegal, i rip sprites, shots are not illegal
That's a very limited understanding of copyright. Pictures of copyrighted content is still copyrighted content.

It's also a surprising concern from someone who encourages people to obtain warez copies of a game. (Especially a game that's dirt cheap now. And it's stupid too because who, on the forums you have posted this, does not already have the game in question?)
mathey bu

Post by mathey bu »

well, it's reality, anyone can do this! put that on google for exemple
Lord Corynthus

Post by Lord Corynthus »

I think the problem here is that one person does not like the fact of what some one else did with a doom mod or to the doom model(s) or what he said ---> sprites and a little disagreement on how they went about doing it. As old as this game is. I think he is RIGHT. Anyone now or days can do almost anything from changing or modifying the model the Doom Engine , the sprites and almost anything else you want with this game. What most people worry about is WHERE you may get the MODS and MAPS and so forth from. ( sorry guys but not everyone is legit or truthfull when you sit here and offer you MODS and so forth. So we still have to be very careful . Warez just has a BAD NAME due to the fact of statements that i just made. ( Your not trusted )

I think this is why Mathey bu said ---> It's also a surprising concern from someone who encourages people to obtain warez copies of a game. ( Been there many years ago and went through hell after downloading something of warez and install on my computer just to find out they stuck another hidden file inside of another hidden file which carried a worm and could not get offf of my computer.. Yeah it was years ago when warez web sites were HOT back in the days. but still they bad memories for people like me.

If you want to show off your talent and share it also. ( Like you are trying to do now Mr the decorater screenshoooooooter. Try making your own personal web site and then upload the file or files and MODS and so on and share this way.. Don't advertise it as WAREZ. I bet the sarcasm would stop :)

To me , games like this should not be FREE to do what we want to do with them since they are now Obsolete. If it was not for guys in here like you we would not even be playing Doom at all any more. I think it is GREAT to try to keep this type of game in stype and trying to keep it alive. So join forces and work together , no matter who you are or how you made your MODS and so forth. Try sharing with one another your ideas and not critisize one another for their work they have done :) As for me .. sheesh I am only here to view all your work , find good mods and play DOOM again :)

Return to “Projects”