Giants Citizen Kabuto on GZDoom

Talk about our & your projects.
arthurdecastro

Giants Citizen Kabuto on GZDoom

Post by arthurdecastro »

I will put SS when I finished the map. For now, I'm in the work of "take textures/sounds/musics/models".

Title : Giants Citizen Kabuto for GZDoom
Name of Archive: giantscitizenkabuto.wad
Size : great....
Date of launch : much time still....
Authors : Arthur-Kun (me), dudewithaguitar
Source Port : GZDoom

----------
Credits : Arthur-Kun (me :P), dudewithaguitar (from giantswd.org)
----------
- Include -

New Level : YES - just originals of Giants :B
New Sounds : YES - just originals of Giants :B
New Musics : YES - just originals of Giants :B
New Graphics: YES - just originals of Giants :B
Dehacked/BEX : no
Demos : YES - Giants have Demos :D
----------
- Informationss -

Game : not decide, but is probaly the Doom2
Maps # : over 40
Single Player : YES
Cooperative : YES
Deathmatch : YES
Skill Levels : NOT - Giants not have u.u
----------
- Edition -

Base : from zero
Time of work : fuck....
Editor(s) used(s) : Doom Builder 2, Slade³, Giants Toolls zip
Bugs Known : none
Not play in: Zandronum

-----Descrition-------

Well dommers, I have the idea to create a new project: its a conversion of the great game Giants Citizen Kabuto in GZDoom. Can be very crazy for now, but the Giants not is complex. I will, first, get the sprites on Giants and, if is possible, get the models from Giants.

Original multyplayer from Giants not is "cooperative". I not have idea how i will recreate the model. sure, we can't make one "cronstuct base" and other things...

If you not know, Giants is a shooter FPS/TPS, and one RTS.

Only for prove that I'm on a work (and this is NOT A IDEA), this is the process that is used to get textures from GCK:

[spoiler]Image

The first program open the "gzp" Giants files, called Giants Tools Zip. At center, we have the paste that the textures is saved (export by the tools-zip) and the Format Factory, for convert the original "tga" to "png". The last program is slade³ - i don't need explain for what i use he XD

One and another textures that I get :D[/spoiler]
Last edited by arthurdecastro on Sat Aug 25, 2012 0:30, edited 4 times in total.
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Re: Giants Citizen Kabuto on GZDoom

Post by Enjay »

This seems to be at the very early planning stages. If you are going to post about a project, please wait until you have something to show (eg screenshots). Many projects never get past the initial planning stages so people want to see that there really is a project happening and not just an idea.
arthurdecastro

Post by arthurdecastro »

Enjay wrote:This seems to be at the very early planning stages. If you are going to post about a project, please wait until you have something to show (eg screenshots). Many projects never get past the initial planning stages so people want to see that there really is a project happening and not just an idea.

:roll: yeah, i know this now. Zandronum have put my topic on Abyss because I not put the SS -.- - and ZDoom is the next, i think XD.

But I will put SS when I finished the map. For now, I'm in the work of "take textures/sounds/musics/models".

If is needed, i can post (for now) screenshots of the process that I'm making to get textures/sounds?
Enjay
Developer
Developer

Post by Enjay »

I'm not sure how informative that would be. I'm just looking for something that says "this project is really happening" instead of merely "I've got a cool idea". Screenshots, a gameplay video, a short demo or something of that kind would be suitable. Obviously you don't have that yet but if you think you can get something up soon, I'll leave the thread open.
arthurdecastro

Post by arthurdecastro »

Enjay wrote:I'm not sure how informative that would be. I'm just looking for something that says "this project is really happening" instead of merely "I've got a cool idea". Screenshots, a gameplay video, a short demo or something of that kind would be suitable. Obviously you don't have that yet but if you think you can get something up soon, I'll leave the thread open.

Well, you is more polite than the users of Zandronum and ZDoom forums ¬¬

I will stop the process to get textures and make a "demo" - the map not is on giants, is just for prove that i'm work in the project :wink:

And thanks for explain to me "why I really need put SS when I create the project" XD

For now, all that I have is a wad witch textures for the "demo map". I will make the map on Saturday - i have homework today and tomorrow XD

Return to “Projects”