Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Talk about our & your projects.
tarrasqueSorcerer

Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

Mancubi (as well as arachnos, barons, cybers and masterminds) don't activate their special map triggers if they are killed by ice damage. You may have encountered a case of this.
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

I was fooling around with true leg cyber and cardinal and found two things:
1) TLCyb's leap/stomp causes a huge fps drop afterwards. I guess it's due to giant explosion and smoke sprites (I noticed a similar thing with cardihilator's nukes a while ago). Would it run better if you reduce sprite resolution (increasing actor's Scale to compensate), or make them paletted?
2) TLCard's lightning attack can telefrag. I think this was reported and fixed for leg redeemer's lightning, but apparently not for TLC's.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Hecatia wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:40
Legendary wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 Nice, same here. Though LCA was the first mod I've ever made I'm happy with the results. I think it would be interesting as well. I could learn a lot from you. Sounds good to me though, those are spot on ideas. Pm me so we can talk about communication and stuff. I'll send you a dropbox invitation as well. I look forward to working with you.
Alright sweet, I sent you a PM on here in case you haven't seen it yet.
Cool, I'm replying to it now.
tarrasqueSorcerer wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 14:32 I was fooling around with true leg cyber and cardinal and found two things:
1) TLCyb's leap/stomp causes a huge fps drop afterwards. I guess it's due to giant explosion and smoke sprites (I noticed a similar thing with cardihilator's nukes a while ago). Would it run better if you reduce sprite resolution (increasing actor's Scale to compensate), or make them paletted?
2) TLCard's lightning attack can telefrag. I think this was reported and fixed for leg redeemer's lightning, but apparently not for TLC's.
Possibly, I think I just need to edit it some and possibly make it vanilla mode compatible so it could be less laggy. Editing the sprites would make the colors mess up as they were edited with photoshop's colors. As for the lightning attack you are correct. Only the blue lightning can telefrag players.
Blast88

Post by Blast88 »

Now love to say that the Leg Icon of Sin can work for CDI and that level pack is still being updated especially the recent bugs I remember witnessing. The LIOS can have either 20000 or 50000 HP since those are good amounts of HP for it.

Also, Bonus Question: Have you ever played Ace Combat before?
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Blast88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 0:38 Now love to say that the Leg Icon of Sin can work for CDI and that level pack is still being updated especially the recent bugs I remember witnessing. The LIOS can have either 20000 or 50000 HP since those are good amounts of HP for it.

Nope, never heard of it until now.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

Question. Since on the old forum you were at, the 1.5.9.4 link is broken. Do you have a copy of it somewhere? Since 1.5.9.5 doesn't wanna work for me. X_X
A simple act of caring, can create a endless ripple.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

Thank you!
A simple act of caring, can create a endless ripple.
Blast88

Post by Blast88 »

Legendary wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:51
Blast88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 0:38 Now love to say that the Leg Icon of Sin can work for CDI and that level pack is still being updated especially the recent bugs I remember witnessing. The LIOS can have either 20000 or 50000 HP since those are good amounts of HP for it.

Nope, never heard of it until now.
So Are Combat is a game involving around airplanes in battles. That game series has epic composed music just like Two Steps From Hell and Audiomachine. Look up Ace Combat on Google and YouTube.
archviler

Post by archviler »

Hi, playing lca for the first time and I have a few questions.

First of all, is there any resource to get information on how this mod works? As of now I've been figuring it out through trial and error, mostly error. A lot of it's really fun, but even more of it is trying to figure it out as you go along.

Secondly, I've been playing this on UV, but sometimes I note it's switched to HMP's monster counts instead. Never in level, usually when I start a new level or load a game from autosave. Is this a bug or a feature I'm not aware of? On the most recent Gzdoom as of a few weeks ago if that helps at all.

Finally, does the legendary rune last forever, or does it eventually go away? I'd been screwing around once and noticed I'd lost it, though I'd been using cheats and resurrect since I was experimenting with the arsenal and monsters.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Hecatia wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 20:20
RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 19:55 Hi Legendary, i dont know if you know about this bugs:
*The attack of bouncy energy balls (I don't know what you call it :v ) from the Leg Sentient, rarely, some balls bounce forever (even if the Leg Sentient is dead).
*And the behemoth. For example, in the level 7 of the original Doom2 you need to kill all the mancubus to proceed, but, with LCA, if one of those is a behemoth you can´t proceed.
It can be the same with Arachnotrons, too. Vanilla Complex Doom gives them custom ways of spawning because of the map07 specials. Personally I think LCA should adopt regular RandomSpawners because they've always worked perfectly for me.
Yes, some Arachnotron cause the same problem :/
Also, maybe a found something wrong in Dust: when I activate the LegAmmoSphere, in the Occult Spellbook the red attack have the unlimited ammo, but the dark one no.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

RazorDoom wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 17:02 Also, maybe a found something wrong in Dust: when I activate the LegAmmoSphere, in the Occult Spellbook the red attack have the unlimited ammo, but the dark one no.
Yeah, that's a problem with how the weapon uses ammo in that context. It technically takes from the player's inventory rather than just uses ammo, and the infinite ammo powerup only counts if the weapon actually uses ammo.
Blue Shadow
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Blue Shadow »

A_TakeInventory can respect infinite ammo cheat and powerup. See the flags parameter.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

Blue Shadow wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 23:48 A_TakeInventory can respect infinite ammo cheat and powerup. See the flags parameter.
Ah, okay. Thanks for letting me know! I'll be sure to fix that the next time I update.
Peashooter577

Post by Peashooter577 »

Legendary wrote: Thu Sep 14, 2017 18:54 As for the lightning attack you are correct. Only the blue lightning can telefrag players.
I've reviewed this bug and it looks like this is actually a simple code error that you made in "A_SpawnItemEx" and is fixable, see:

(from legendary redeemer code)
TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx("LegRedStormBoltSpawner",Random(512,-512),Random(512,-51),0,0,0,0,SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION,64)

You just put here the SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION into float angle argument and the 64 that is in the argument where the SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION should be, is equivalent to SXF_TELEFRAG which clearly is the cause.

This should fix the issue - TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx("LegRedStormBoltSpawner",Random(512,-512),Random(512,-51),0,0,0,0,0,SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION).

Return to “Projects”