Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Talk about our & your projects.
Legendary

Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by Legendary »

Blast88 wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 So Are Combat is a game involving around airplanes in battles. That game series has epic composed music just like Two Steps From Hell and Audiomachine. Look up Ace Combat on Google and YouTube.
Sure I'll take a look at it in the future.
archviler wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 15:05 Hi, playing lca for the first time and I have a few questions.

First of all, is there any resource to get information on how this mod works? As of now I've been figuring it out through trial and error, mostly error. A lot of it's really fun, but even more of it is trying to figure it out as you go along.

Secondly, I've been playing this on UV, but sometimes I note it's switched to HMP's monster counts instead. Never in level, usually when I start a new level or load a game from autosave. Is this a bug or a feature I'm not aware of? On the most recent Gzdoom as of a few weeks ago if that helps at all.

Finally, does the legendary rune last forever, or does it eventually go away? I'd been screwing around once and noticed I'd lost it, though I'd been using cheats and resurrect since I was experimenting with the arsenal and monsters.
Hi, I'm glad you're liking the mod so far. I mean you can look inside the pk3 and read the readme file but that's about it for now. There may be a wiki on it in the future. It's a random spawner mod that randomizes monster spawns and adds all sorts of new things. It throws in powerful monsters, weapons, and powerups into the mix of Complex Doom. Most of the monsters are rare but it's pretty much rng. I think the save thing might be a bug and I don't know what's causing that. When using the Leg Rune you keep it until you die, if you resurrect or respawn after having it then it'll go away.
Peashooter577 wrote: Sat Sep 16, 2017 23:29 I've reviewed this bug and it looks like this is actually a simple code error that you made in "A_SpawnItemEx" and is fixable, see:

(from legendary redeemer code)
TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx("LegRedStormBoltSpawner",Random(512,-512),Random(512,-51),0,0,0,0,SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION,64)

You just put here the SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION into float angle argument and the 64 that is in the argument where the SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION should be, is equivalent to SXF_TELEFRAG which clearly is the cause.

This should fix the issue - TNT1 AA 0 A_SpawnItemEx("LegRedStormBoltSpawner",Random(512,-512),Random(512,-51),0,0,0,0,0,SXF_NOCHECKPOSITION).
Ah I see, thanks man. I'll take that into consideration for the next update.
Peashooter577

Post by Peashooter577 »

Legendary wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 0:09 Ah I see, thanks man. I'll take that into consideration for the next update.
Nice! I forgot to say in the previous post that i had a suggestion that is a music for TLA. don't know if you already decided one yet but this one is good and fits nice for him.
Tooru

Post by Tooru »

Hello legendary. love the mod and have had lots of fun with it, but the latest version of LCA is throwing me an error when i try and load it up, and stops it from launching.

Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.5.pk3:actors/weapons/assaultshotgun.txt" line 7:
Unexpected 'AssaultSG-Marine' in definition of 'Assault Shotgun '

Only two things im running is complex doom v26a2 and the LCA 1.5.9.5 using zandronum 3.0.

figured I would let you know. Would love to play the newest version. Cheers
Blast88

Post by Blast88 »

Peashooter577 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 13:18
Legendary wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 0:09 Ah I see, thanks man. I'll take that into consideration for the next update.
Nice! I forgot to say in the previous post that i had a suggestion that is a music for TLA. don't know if you already decided one yet but this one is good and fits nice for him.
Ah actually Spellcaster by Two steps from Hell is going to be the music for the TLA. The True Leg Cyber already uses a soundtrack from Dark Souls 3. I suggested the music i said to Legendary long time ago before you and many others were able to suggest your music ideas.
Peashooter577

Post by Peashooter577 »

Blast88 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 Ah actually Spellcaster by Two steps from Hell is going to be the music for the TLA. The True Leg Cyber already uses a soundtrack from Dark Souls 3. I suggested the music i said to Legendary long time ago before you and many others were able to suggest your music ideas.
If legendary is really going to put your music then it's fine.I don't mind.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Peashooter577 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2017 13:18
Ah I haven't decided actually. The TLA is so far from being done I haven't worked on him in months. I'll take a listen to it though.
Tooru wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 0:56 Hello legendary. love the mod and have had lots of fun with it, but the latest version of LCA is throwing me an error when i try and load it up, and stops it from launching.

Script error, "lca-v1.5.9.5.pk3:actors/weapons/assaultshotgun.txt" line 7:
Unexpected 'AssaultSG-Marine' in definition of 'Assault Shotgun '

Only two things im running is complex doom v26a2 and the LCA 1.5.9.5 using zandronum 3.0.

figured I would let you know. Would love to play the newest version. Cheers
Maybe you're doing the wrong load order? It works fine for me. Did you load CD before LCA? Thank's though man I'm glad you like it. :D
Peashooter577 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:09
Blast88 wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:41 Ah actually Spellcaster by Two steps from Hell is going to be the music for the TLA. The True Leg Cyber already uses a soundtrack from Dark Souls 3. I suggested the music i said to Legendary long time ago before you and many others were able to suggest your music ideas.
If legendary is really going to put your music then it's fine.I don't mind.
No lol, I haven't decided on anything. The TLA isn't even close to being ready enough to add music.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 19:55 Hi Legendary, i dont know if you know about this bugs:
*The attack of bouncy energy balls (I don't know what you call it :v ) from the Leg Sentient, rarely, some balls bounce forever (even if the Leg Sentient is dead).
*And the behemoth. For example, in the level 7 of the original Doom2 you need to kill all the mancubus to proceed, but, with LCA, if one of those is a behemoth you can´t proceed.
I found the same problem in the True Leg Sentient to (maybe you know that).
If you wanna suggestions for the music, i have some ideas (yes, i know the TLA is far to be finished).
Tooru

Post by Tooru »

Yea im not too sure what was wrong. I tried it a few hours later and it started working. Weird.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Tooru wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 20:35 Yea im not too sure what was wrong. I tried it a few hours later and it started working. Weird.
Woah that is weird. Least you got it back working again though.
Tooru

Post by Tooru »

Legendary wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 20:59
Tooru wrote: Sun Sep 24, 2017 20:35 Yea im not too sure what was wrong. I tried it a few hours later and it started working. Weird.
Woah that is weird. Least you got it back working again though.
Ill just chalk it up to computer weirdness I suppose
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Tooru wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2017 0:19 Ill just chalk it up to computer weirdness I suppose
Lol, I guess so. Odd.
theundeadsoldier

Post by theundeadsoldier »

Im back and i managed to find again the topic good to see you again Legendary what's new in LCA?
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

theundeadsoldier wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:59 Im back and i managed to find again the topic good to see you again Legendary what's new in LCA?
Wow welcome back man, I haven't seen you in forever. It's a lot of new stuff though, look at the first post with the update notes. Also you should make a Discord and join our channel we have a lot of members so far. The link for that is also in the first post.
theundeadsoldier

Post by theundeadsoldier »

Legendary wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2017 18:36
theundeadsoldier wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 20:59 Im back and i managed to find again the topic good to see you again Legendary what's new in LCA?
Wow welcome back man, I haven't seen you in forever. It's a lot of new stuff though, look at the first post with the update notes. Also you should make a Discord and join our channel we have a lot of members so far. The link for that is also in the first post.
good to see you too.

my discord is Theundeadsoldier#2831

Return to “Projects”