Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Talk about our & your projects.
tarrasqueSorcerer

Re: Complex Doom: LCA (Legendary Complex Addon)

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

Hecatia wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 Hey guys, if you all are using LCA with Zandronum 3.0 (or earlier versions of GZDoom) and don't like that skin sounds no longer work, I have put together a patch that hopefully fixes that problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yGC ... mhZcjRuOXM
All you have to do it make sure it loads after LCA, and that you set your skin in vanilla Doom before playing with Complex and LCA.
As of now it only works with LCA and my addon, however if you want a vanilla Complex version or a version compatible with other addons, you can ask and I'll gladly provide (although it's the most simplest edits I've ever done lol).
I think Hexa will be very happy to have that.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:53 I think Hexa will be very happy to have that.
Indeed, I already sent it to him on Twitter.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

I tried GZDoom 2.2, and Zandronum 3.0 and still nothing... I have been looking around at how the files are being loaded in, and can't figure it out. T__T
A simple act of caring, can create a endless ripple.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Hecatia wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2017 23:37 Oh uh, hi. I'm the creator of Dusted's addon.
Been following LCA for quite some time now and I absolutely love the mod, keep up the great work Legendary!
Hey dude, sorry about that I swear I'm blind sometimes. I didn't even see this post until now lol. I usually try to reply to everyone but sometimes I don't notice until later. Anyway, glad you like it! I like your Dusted addon as well you seem to be a good coder and overall mod creator. Would you like to work with me on LCA? I'm like the only one from the team still working on it everyone else disappeared.
Blast88 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2017 23:56 Now where would the Legendary Icon of Sin go into instead of the LCA file itself? And can we use the Final Boss (Modern) Theme from Sonic Generations as the theme for the Legendary Icon of Sin? I think that music sounds good as the theme for the LIOS.
I honestly don't know. It wouldn't work unless it was used for CDI. I don't even think CDI is being updated anymore either. It's been using 1.5.8 for the longest.
Hecatia wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:50 Hey guys, if you all are using LCA with Zandronum 3.0 (or earlier versions of GZDoom) and don't like that skin sounds no longer work, I have put together a patch that hopefully fixes that problem: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yGC ... mhZcjRuOXM
All you have to do it make sure it loads after LCA, and that you set your skin in vanilla Doom before playing with Complex and LCA.
As of now it only works with LCA and my addon, however if you want a vanilla Complex version or a version compatible with other addons, you can ask and I'll gladly provide (although it's the most simplest edits I've ever done lol).

yes i know it's literally LCAComplexDoomPlayer with -NOSKIN but hey it works

I would recommend updating GZDoom to something newer, but not to the most recent version as it may cause problems with actors using the same name. Try GZDoom 2.2.0 as mentioned earlier or use the new stable release of Zandronum 3.0. Updating Complex Doom won't really do anything because there kinda hasn't been any new versions for a looong time.
Thanks for this man I appreciate it! Good work!
Lunardian wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:59 I tried GZDoom 2.2, and Zandronum 3.0 and still nothing... I have been looking around at how the files are being loaded in, and can't figure it out. T__T
Uh, maybe uninstall Zandronum and GZdoom and reinstall them? I honestly don't know why it isn't working. Maybe your LCA download is corrupted. Try deleting it and redownloading it.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

Legendary wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:15 Hey dude, sorry about that I swear I'm blind sometimes. I didn't even see this post until now lol. I usually try to reply to everyone but sometimes I don't notice until later. Anyway, glad you like it! I like your Dusted addon as well you seem to be a good coder and overall mod creator. Would you like to work with me on LCA? I'm like the only one from the team still working on it everyone else disappeared.
Thanks! I've been making Doom mods for a few years now, I've mostly been practicing on personal projects for a while. I'd be interested in working with you on LCA though, I do have a few ideas regarding overhauling the Poltergeist's attacks and the invulnerability states on Legendaries.
Legendary

Post by Legendary »

Hecatia wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:58 Thanks! I've been making Doom mods for a few years now, I've mostly been practicing on personal projects for a while. I'd be interested in working with you on LCA though, I do have a few ideas regarding overhauling the Poltergeist's attacks and the invulnerability states on Legendaries.
Nice, same here. Though LCA was the first mod I've ever made I'm happy with the results. I think it would be interesting as well. I could learn a lot from you. Sounds good to me though, those are spot on ideas. Pm me so we can talk about communication and stuff. I'll send you a dropbox invitation as well. I look forward to working with you.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Hi Hecatia, I was trying to play LCA with your HEM and Dust Addon and doesn´t work. The Dust Addon work perfectly, but the HEM (in the loading order i put HEM between Dust and the Patch for LCA/RM/Dust) always have a script error in the 2 or 3 last powerups (I tried other combinations but always drop me the same script error). There is the possibility of playing them together at the same time? I want to play HEM only for your creations.
I use ZandronumDev3.0 and GZDoom 2.2.0
tarrasqueSorcerer

Post by tarrasqueSorcerer »

RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:00 Hi Hecatia, I was trying to play LCA with your HEM and Dust Addon and doesn´t work. The Dust Addon work perfectly, but the HEM (in the loading order i put HEM between Dust and the Patch for LCA/RM/Dust) always have a script error in the 2 or 3 last powerups (I tried other combinations but always drop me the same script error). There is the possibility of playing them together at the same time? I want to play HEM only for your creations.
The compatibility patch is for Randommons, not HEM.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

Legendary wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 2:17 Nice, same here. Though LCA was the first mod I've ever made I'm happy with the results. I think it would be interesting as well. I could learn a lot from you. Sounds good to me though, those are spot on ideas. Pm me so we can talk about communication and stuff. I'll send you a dropbox invitation as well. I look forward to working with you.
Alright sweet, I sent you a PM on here in case you haven't seen it yet.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

tarrasqueSorcerer wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:07
RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:00 Hi Hecatia, I was trying to play LCA with your HEM and Dust Addon and doesn´t work. The Dust Addon work perfectly, but the HEM (in the loading order i put HEM between Dust and the Patch for LCA/RM/Dust) always have a script error in the 2 or 3 last powerups (I tried other combinations but always drop me the same script error). There is the possibility of playing them together at the same time? I want to play HEM only for your creations.
The compatibility patch is for Randommons, not HEM.
That patch only contains the spawner chances, nothing more. Anyway, i tried without that patch and still not working, always drop me a error in the spread rune and the regeneration rune.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 14:58 That patch only contains the spawner chances, nothing more. Anyway, i tried without that patch and still not working, always drop me a error in the spread rune and the regeneration rune.
Oh, I think that's because HEM inherits from Skulltag actors. Try loading skulltag_actors and skulltag_data before everything else, loading it after Complex will cause some problems.

Also HEM isn't my addon lol, it was originally made by Harbinger and was taken by some Russian group and was modified.
Lunardian

Post by Lunardian »

Uh, maybe uninstall Zandronum and GZdoom and reinstall them? I honestly don't know why it isn't working. Maybe your LCA download is corrupted. Try deleting it and redownloading it.
Yea. I have tried that, and still nothing. I'm starting to think there is something that isn't compatible in Complex Doom, GZDoom, and/or Zandronum with LCA right now. I dunno when the 1/5/9/6, or the next patch will be out, but I'm hoping it's just the 1.5.9.5 that is bugging out.
A simple act of caring, can create a endless ripple.
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Hecatia wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 17:01
RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 14:58 That patch only contains the spawner chances, nothing more. Anyway, i tried without that patch and still not working, always drop me a error in the spread rune and the regeneration rune.
Oh, I think that's because HEM inherits from Skulltag actors. Try loading skulltag_actors and skulltag_data before everything else, loading it after Complex will cause some problems.

Also HEM isn't my addon lol, it was originally made by Harbinger and was taken by some Russian group and was modified.
I forgot, those runes are from skulltag, bad mine :P
Now works, but have some errors (for example, the music for the Leg monsters from HEM and some LCA doesnt work; perhaps because HEM was created/modified based on an old LCA) and rip your coding for the TL zombie (never appear from the Leg zombie ). Well, I will stay only with LCA and Dust, thanks for answer me :)
RazorDoom

Post by RazorDoom »

Hi Legendary, i dont know if you know about this bugs:
*The attack of bouncy energy balls (I don't know what you call it :v ) from the Leg Sentient, rarely, some balls bounce forever (even if the Leg Sentient is dead).
*And the behemoth. For example, in the level 7 of the original Doom2 you need to kill all the mancubus to proceed, but, with LCA, if one of those is a behemoth you can´t proceed.
Hecatia

Post by Hecatia »

RazorDoom wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2017 19:55 Hi Legendary, i dont know if you know about this bugs:
*The attack of bouncy energy balls (I don't know what you call it :v ) from the Leg Sentient, rarely, some balls bounce forever (even if the Leg Sentient is dead).
*And the behemoth. For example, in the level 7 of the original Doom2 you need to kill all the mancubus to proceed, but, with LCA, if one of those is a behemoth you can´t proceed.
It can be the same with Arachnotrons, too. Vanilla Complex Doom gives them custom ways of spawning because of the map07 specials. Personally I think LCA should adopt regular RandomSpawners because they've always worked perfectly for me.

Return to “Projects”