I need you guys now more than ever!

News hot off the presses! (sort-of)

Moderator: BioHazard

BioHazard

I need you guys now more than ever!

Post by BioHazard »

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, but I have been extremly busy trying to get things done while stumbling over these setbacks.

I bring bad news. As some of you know, I went on a camping trip last saturday. Details on that can be found in my blog later. The important things are that when I turned on my computer the day I left, my second monitor didn't turn on. Then it smelled like fish, so now I'm out a monitor. This means things like Trillian, IRC, Doombuilder, VC++, Photoshop and many other programs do not work properly if at all. This is an awful problem now that I'm home.

Not only that, but the first day of the camping trip, this happened:

[Large picture of my broken laptop]
(it looks worse in person, it flickers and is blurry)

Now I don't have any way to work on any of my projects - free or otherwise - so I'm up a creek without a paddle. What makes this worse is I have absolutely no money to spend on getting these things fixed. So I'm up that creek without a boat too.

I really hate to have another donation drive so soon, but I'm totally strapped for cash and I can't even work on projects for work.
Every little bit you can donate would be appreciated an immersurable amount. I'll make it up to you! I've got updates waiting in the wings that I can't polish up due to this setback. Any amount will help, $1, $5, $0.50, anything!

As always, donate from the Donation Page.
Thanks so much to anyone that can help!
Last edited by BioHazard on Mon May 15, 2006 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Figures. What I have is spare monitors. What I DON'T have is money. See if there's a thrift store around that you can spend $10-25 on. I am assuming people have at least pocket change for this kinda stuff... If not, I'll have to scrounge up some cash.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Well, I guess I should update this a bit.

I was able to use my laptop for a few days after I got back before the screen got totally screwed so I was able to make sure all my stuff was fine and nothing else was damaged. Everything is fine so that's a relief. Due to a generous donation from a family member, a new screen is on the way and should be here in a few days. Then I can get back to work on KS2.5. Good thing not many bugs have been reported in this down time. :)

I was digging around in my garage and found a 14" LCD and have been using that for a few days now. Since it's only 800x600, I still can't get at my toolboxes in photoshop and I can't run GZD, but I'm surviving.

Not all is well though, yesterday my MythTV box a-sploded and I lost all my recorded stuff. What's worse is the only available version is plagued by massive bugs that cripple the machine. So no TV for me either :(
I'll have it sorted out in a few days probably.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Hey you guys, can I ask you all a favor?

Can you all rally together and donate $4 USD? I need it to cover a shipping cost and transfering it from my bank account will take too long.

Return to “From Bio's Desk”