Geez Bio! It's about flippin' time!

News hot off the presses! (sort-of)

Moderator: BioHazard

BioHazard

Geez Bio! It's about flippin' time!

Post by BioHazard »

Look everybody! Look up in the corner! It's a box, it's a rectangle, it's a button, IT'S KWIKSTRIP!

>> Wheeeeeeeeee! <<

It's about time. There are a bazillion and a half new thingies and whatsits. Go have fun with it. It still works with B3 INIs and skins so go crazy.

UPDATE 8-17-06
Yay KS 2.5 B5 is out!
>> Yaaaaaaaaaaaay! <<

This one has the new skin format so beware of broken skins. Also, the config format has changed slightly, just go into the config menu, fix your options (the items are fine so no need to worry about those) and press OK to update.

As always, please report any problems in my shiny new bugs forum. Be sure to post the debug output in the new crash thingy.
Last edited by BioHazard on Fri Aug 18, 2006 4:11, edited 3 times in total.
wildweasel
DRD Team Admin (Inactive)

Post by wildweasel »

I could kiss you, Bio, but...oh what the hell! *smooch*
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Okay... After that bit of akwardness, I'd like to announce that ZDL 3.0 has hit 2000 downloads. Considering it only had 800 2 weeks ago, I almost wet my pants when I saw the report.

I'm all psyched for a 3.5 now! YAY! I need to finish up KS though but considering the fact there are only 3 things left in the tracker, it shouldn't take too long.
BlazingPhoenix

Post by BlazingPhoenix »

Hehe, Bio, I was bored and made a folder for some of your utilities :P.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Yay! The launch with command line crash has gone. W00T! My skin still works as well. Double W00T!
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Yay new beta! Check the first post!
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yay! I figured out the metrics formula enough to throw together three skins, attached here!

wildweasel-BevelBlue - My first official KwikStrip skin, fixed to work with the latest version.
wildweasel-cleancut - My experiment with non-standard button sizes (42x42). Looks kinda lame, I think...it certainly clashes against pretty much everything on my desktop =P
wildweasel-simpleandclean - Designed to fit against a Windows Classic theme with lighter colors, though I'm using it with the Vista Inspirat visual style for XP, and it complements it pretty well. I pixelled this one pretty much entirely by hand (even the shadows on the arrow button).
Attachments
ww-kwikskins.zip
(2.53 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Oh yeah, I should probably post the metrics formula huh?...

Code: Select all

[color=blue]typedef struct[/color][color=red]{[/color]
    [color=blue]uns long[/color] txc; [color=green]// Color of the infobox font, stored little-endian (#00BBGGRR)[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] txt; [color=green]// Size of the infobox text (in pixels I think, not sure)[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] txa; [color=green]// Bit 0x1 means bold, 0x2 means italic. (you can also have both)[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] arw; [color=green]// X pos of the arrow grapic on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] btn; [color=green]// X pos of the button grapic on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] ilf; [color=green]// X pos of the left side of the infobox grapic on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] ict; [color=green]// X pos of the center of the infobox grapic on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] irt; [color=green]// X pos of the right side of the infobox grapic on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] up;  [color=green]// Y pos of the up states on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] hv;  [color=green]// Y pos of the hover states on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] dn;  [color=green]// Y pos of the down states on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] inf; [color=green]// Y pos of the infobox parts on skn->bmp[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] arx; [color=green]// Width of the arrow graphic[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] ary; [color=green]// Height of the arrow graphic[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bnx; [color=green]// Width of the button graphic[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bny; [color=green]// Height of the button graphic[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] inx; [color=green]// Width of the infobox sections[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] iny; [color=green]// Height of the infobox sections[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] icx; [color=green]// Width to draw icons on the strip[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] icy; [color=green]// Height to draw icons on the strip[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bpx; [color=green]// Amount of space between the left edge of a button and it's icon[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bpy; [color=green]// Same as ->bpx except this is for the top[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bdx; [color=green]// Same as ->bpx except this is when the button is pressed[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] bdy; [color=green]// Same as ->bpy except this is when the button is pressed[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] ipx; [color=green]// Amount of space between the left edge of the infobox and the text[/color]
    [color=blue]uns char[/color] ipy; [color=green]// Same as ->ipx except this is for the top[/color]
[color=red]}[/color]METRICS;
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, getting Cleancut to work properly took a lot of trial and error =P
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Anyone else have any skins to share? I need a bunch of them so there can be a bit of variety in the documentation screenshots.

I guess you could consider this some kind of skinning contest of sorts.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

ScotlandSkin doesn't work on the latest version.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Use the SaltireSkin bmp. I forgot to remove the old one from the zip.
BioHazard

Post by BioHazard »

Man, those files are huge. I can get 'em down to <2K with a little palette magic.
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

New skin released: Brushed Metal wacky proportions. Based on SimpleAndClean, now with a brushed-metal look that's sure to complement a Mac OS X Tiger visual theme. I also experimented with non-square icon buttons and I think it looks pretty nice.

Attachments
wildweasel-wackyproportions.rar
(4.64 KiB) Downloaded 412 times

Return to “From Bio's Desk”